Sponsored

AYAYRON

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
I have never hit 217kw charging on any charger even if it’s 350 rated best I see is 153 ish, I am curious how long did it stay at 217 bc when I charge as soon as it hits 60% it drops down then again at 70 and 80 so what were the step down levels as you were charging. Example if at 80% it was still pushing 150 that would be huge, I often see it drop to 80kw at 80%
Sponsored

SwaziCAR

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1996 Subaru Legacy Brighton, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Office boy
Clubs

R1S88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Ugh I'm so split on whether to get one or wait! VIN is 2022 32xx, so theoretically should be in the first 3300 units Rivian ships. The earliest I'll need it is June, but then again I've made it this long without one.
I wonder if they're going by VIN or delivery date. Deliveries were not always in VIN order.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

There's apparently a highly rated 62 KW charger there (but just one!): https://www.plugshare.com/location/304770
Indeed, I eyed this, but it adds 2 hours to the drive. If we hit it, we'd change plans entirely. I'm feeling better the more I look that we'll make it, it's slower roads.

I wonder if they're going by VIN or delivery date. Deliveries were not always in VIN order.
Likely delivery date, but VIN is usually a good predictor of that order.

Fes

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Business Owner
Wondering if any of the brands are going to develop an adapter with some additional cable to lengthen the cord run?

It's really going to be a problem when charging during a busy time if you have to take up another space I feel. Can't really blame Tesla for the design as it works for their vehicles and allows them to be efficient with material costs.

Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I’m surprised no one is mentioning getting 217 KW at 59% charge. That’s insane. It’s usually dropped to 160 at that SOC.
I did a few posts up :). I agree that it seems like Rivian might have opened up the charging curve some? Or maybe the battery was cool enough to allow for that charging rate.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Wondering if any of the brands are going to develop an adapter with some additional cable to lengthen the cord run?

It's really going to be a problem when charging during a busy time if you have to take up another space I feel. Can't really blame Tesla for the design as it works for their vehicles and allows them to be efficient with material costs.
I didn’t blame Tesla when the superchargers were for Tesla only. Now it is on Tesla to provide longer cables for other cars.

InTheMatrix

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Self employed
Clubs

I decided to go with the Lectron. Paid a little more but they’ve been around longer, based out of the US, and I just feel safer with them.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I didn’t blame Tesla when the superchargers were for Tesla only. Now it is on Tesla to provide longer cables for other cars.
What about parking strategies that allow access from either side of the charger? Your left is my right 👉🏼👈🏼

Blahop

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rt1
For you, yes. They are prioritizing by delivery dates. I fully expect this to run the way Ford's is running (the free adapters are all coming from the same supplier). I believe @Riviot 's delivery was early so he should be in the front end.

Rivian will be sending an email next month to owners telling how to register for the free adapter.
LOL rivian has never delivered anything on time man. I hope you prove me wrong but you are going to be waiting a loooooong time for that adapter. Hows that Tent or camp kitchen working for you lol. I ordered the A2Z as soon as I could and am waiting on one. And no people, its not going to fry your rivian. Its an adapter. The onboard system has controls in place to control the current.

Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
What about parking strategies that allow access from either side of the charger? Your left is my right 👉🏼👈🏼
As long as all EVs that have access to superchargers can charge using 1 parking space then that works too.

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Green Forest Edge
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

LOL rivian has never delivered anything on time man. I hope you prove me wrong but you are going to be waiting a loooooong time for that adapter. Hows that Tent or camp kitchen working for you lol. I ordered the A2Z as soon as I could and am waiting on one. And no people, its not going to fry your rivian. Its an adapter. The onboard system has controls in place to control the current.
Did I say anything about on time? I'm very aware of how things move here. My guess is that there won't be many in the first shipment batch. They were likely allotted a very, very small number for an initial welcoming tease delivery then the rest will be just like Ford's rollout. As I said, the manufacturer supplied units are all coming from the same place, so only so fast they can move.

BTW, I've had my A2Z for over 2 weeks here and have charged at quite a few SC's the past week.

Grabs10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo T8 and f350
The Anti Elon clan would be best to not accept a Rivian provided adaptor…. Rivian has to pay Tesla for those adaptors and every “free” adaptor sent to Elon haters will be money stuffed into Elon’s pocket. Me personally would rather have Elon take Rivian’s money then some other half baked EV charging company.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

As long as all EVs that have access to superchargers can charge using 1 parking space then that works too.
I mean like these. Stagger it or allow opposite access.

Rivian R1T R1S MidnightRivian's R1S Tesla Charger test session hitting speeds @ 217 kW using A2Z adapter / plug and charge feature 1000009372

Rivian R1T R1S MidnightRivian's R1S Tesla Charger test session hitting speeds @ 217 kW using A2Z adapter / plug and charge feature 1000009373