First Name
MOHAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 LongHorn , Challenger Scat pack, BMW X3
Occupation
PHARMACIST
Now that pricing has reverted with choice of tonneau cover independent from trim level, the decision between Adventure and Explore for me really comes down to how much I value the sound system upgrade. I don't care about the "luxury" interior upgrades (wood paneling, nicer vegan leather, nicer headliner, etc.) and I actually see them as a negative reliability/longevity wise. It's hard to justify spending $5,500 on a sound system upgrade though!

The Meridian system in the adventure trim is awesome - I've already heard it. Maybe the best stock sound system I've ever heard in a truck.

What is known about the standard sound system?

For car sound systems, I generally think the most important things are (in descending order):
1. noise isolation
2. digital signal processor / equalizer
3. amp power / quality
4. speaker quality

I don't see any indication that the noise isolation will change between trim levels. I expect the overall amp power, speaker count, and maybe speaker quality to be different between trims. The big unknown for me is the difference in signal processing/equalizing - does the meridian system have a special DSP?

I'm currently leaning on going with the explore trim, waiting a bit longer for my delivery, saving $5,500, and then deciding if I want to do an aftermarket speaker upgrade once I've spent time with the truck.
Go with Explore if you do not care about luxury
Sponsored

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
It's odd that some people feel $5500 for this package is excessive. I wonder if all of those people are getting LA Silver/Black Mountain and 21" wheels?
Yup, explore, glacier white, 21s, ocean coast, all no cost under old pricing. It’s been over 100 degrees consistently this summer and I’ve been fine in my model 3 without ventilated seats.

I feel the price is right for adventure, I just don’t care about the extra features enough to spend $5,500 or $5,200 after adding tow hooks.