TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
Admin Edit:

We've just launched SilveradoEVolution.com! ?

We extend a warm welcome to join us to discuss the newest EV pickup competition, or even just to lurk and read. ?
GM will do fine with selling this EV Silverado.

There are plenty of GM brand loyalists that will wait for this to come out, and they will buy it.

If you are a Rivian buyer, it might not be your taste, but the folding midgate will be cool, and it has the easy open frunk, and 400 miles of range. The competition is going to be hot in 2025 for EV trucks.
Sponsored

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
Yea. Hopefully they are pretty good. Figured I would put a reservation down since it's only $100. Hopefully they don't do what ford did and talk about the low price, but once you add the extended battery it goes from $52k to $72k
I think we can expect the EV Silverado to be in that $70,000 dollar range. At less in 2024 and 2025. GM isn't going to leave money on the table....

cmiller

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco
Occupation
Nurse
I think we can expect the EV Silverado to be in that $70,000 dollar range. At less in 2024 and 2025. GM isn't going to leave money on the table....
They will be more. I asked the dealership if they were doing any markups and they said they will be doing that so called "market adjustment". I don't need a vehicle so I will probably just wait for R1T

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
GM will do fine with selling this EV Silverado.

There are plenty of GM brand loyalists that will wait for this to come out, and they will buy it.

If you are a Rivian buyer, it might not be your taste, but the folding midgate will be cool, and it has the easy open frunk, and 400 miles of range. The competition is going to be hot in 2025 for EV trucks.
No Federal Tax credit is gonna be a surprise to some people...

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
They will be more. I asked the dealership if they were doing any markups and they said they will be doing that so called "market adjustment". I don't need a vehicle so I will probably just wait for R1T
Just confirmed with my dealer they are selling for MSRP, no markup. Figured they would because they market themselves that way on Corvettes and other high demand vehicles, but finally got confirmation from the manager.

Sponsored

cmiller

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco
Occupation
Nurse
Just confirmed with my dealer they are selling for MSRP, no markup. Figured they would because they market themselves that way on Corvettes and other high demand vehicles, but finally got confirmation from the manager.
I transferred my reservation to a dealer that said they don't charge over msrp for any new vehicle. Luckily it was easy to transfer the reservation

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I transferred my reservation to a dealer that said they don't charge over msrp for any new vehicle. Luckily it was easy to transfer the reservation
I’m still hoping not to need the Silverado reservation but good to know I can get it for a fair price if I do have to go this route.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
I put $100 on it. Not cancelling my Max Pack order but for $100 i'll make this the back up plan.

I do like their little 400v but charges as fast as an 800v 'hack' of splitting the pack and half and charging both sides.

I'll be honest though, i don't like the design as much as I like the Rivian, and it's bigger than I need. But it's my backup plan. And it has carplay :)

cmiller

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco
Occupation
Nurse
I put $100 on it. Not cancelling my Max Pack order but for $100 i'll make this the back up plan.

I do like their little 400v but charges as fast as an 800v 'hack' of splitting the pack and half and charging both sides.

I'll be honest though, i don't like the design as much as I like the Rivian, and it's bigger than I need. But it's my backup plan. And it has carplay :)
I actually like the design. I put down a reservation because why the hell not for $100. Hopefully we will get more info this year. I still prefer the rivian, but considering I am a late reservation and want the max pack I need back up plans that I would be ok with. I am more interested in the trail boss version though.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
I actually like the design. I put down a reservation because why the hell not for $100. Hopefully we will get more info this year. I still prefer the rivian, but considering I am a late reservation and want the max pack I need back up plans that I would be ok with. I am more interested in the trail boss version though.
Yeah that trail boss version looks promising, I'm not in a big hurry at this point, we had to make a decision on my 'daily driver' for 2022 so now I'm going to be in a weird position when it's time to pick up the Rivian in late 2023 as there isn't a short enough lease that makes sense for that. Stupid delays and covid and supply chain messed up my plans, we had a car go off lease in 2021 that was going to be replaced by the Rivian (planned this in 2018) but then 'waves outside' happened and everything got goofed up.
Sponsored