Sponsored

Meet the new SilvErado!

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Of course looks are subjective. I forgot the requisite "IMHO".

Also "IMHO" the Trail Boss looks good on smaller wheels as well. Just wish they wouldn't keep the "black nose" look that they started on the Trail Boss models. It makes it look very cheap. I would really like it if they kept the bumper painted body color and saved the black for the the lower area on each side of the "skid plate".

Silverado-EV-TrailBoss-043.jpg

Screenshot 2022-01-05 153925.jpg
Well beauty is indeed in the eye of the beer holder I suppose. To me, that bottom picture looks like a Lucid and a Hummer EV had a baby but......not in a good way.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tim-in-CA

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Well beauty is indeed in the eye of the beer holder I suppose. To me, that bottom picture looks like a Lucid and a Hummer EV had a baby but......not in a good way.
? Love child, never meant to be ?

cmiller

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco
Occupation
Nurse
Well I reserved one as a backup to rivian. I am not going to wait forever, but I sure as hell am not spending anywhere near $100k for a chevy.

Reactions: Max

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
It certainly is subjective. I mean we all (ok most of us) like the Rivian. I find most new cars and trucks are ugly to me at first and then become "normal" and grow on me.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
The electric silverado is not for me, but I am excited about the future of cars. Bring on the EV trend!
Agree! I hope both Ford and GM/Chevrolet sell a ton of their EV trucks. It's good for the whole EV market and ensures investment in things like the charging networks, green energy, etc. Without Ford, GM/Chevy, Rivian successfully selling EV trucks we'd probably be left with just Tesla's CyberTruck as our only option.

Reactions: Max

Sponsored

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

nice find.

Also total garbage. I *really* hate companies throwing up hurdles like that. At least you can cancel at ford with the click of the button.
I don't know about that. My literature says you have to call the dealer to get the deposit back.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Your comment was about American car companies. Tesla is an American car company. As for luxury, they have high cost vehicles, but the model 3 is priced right at the average for cars sold in America.

1641415508530.png
I see your point but if Tesla didn’t think it was expensive, they wouldn’t try to misrepresent it’s price with that default tab.

Rivian R1T R1S Meet the new SilvErado! 1641418087905

Last edited:

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I am curious if their reservation numbers are sequential? I have ID 214831 and that was completed within 5 minutes of reservations opening. If so, they will have a few hundred thousand reservations on day 1!
I guess I got in early! I was able to refresh about 1 minute before the clock ran out and the page was up. I ended up with a reservation number in the 13,000 range. And was able to reserve the First Edition. First time I've had success doing so with a GM product. Tried to do it with the Hummer and website had errors. By the time I got in, they were sold out. For the Lyric, wouldn't let me select a dealer. By the time I could, they were sold out again. I wasn't even going to try for a third time, but took a shot and this time, (third time was the charm), it went smoothly. But, looks like many did have issues that I experienced in the past. Personally, for my taste, it's the best looking option available. I love the Hummer, but it's a love it or hate it design. F-150 is very plain and looks like a dime a dozen truck. Rivian is nice, but a little more subtle for my tastes. I loved the Avalanche back in the day. That mid-gate really opens up a lot of options.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I don't know about that. My literature says you have to call the dealer to get the deposit back.
If you go to the "Manage Reservation" link in your email it is pretty clear. You can cancel at the click of a button as long as you haven't done anything further than making the online reservation.

Rivian R1T R1S Meet the new SilvErado! Screenshot 2022-01-05 163331

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I may be in a different stream than you. Tesla is considered Luxury car.
Common misconception. Tesla is NOT a "luxury" car. Gets compared to them because of similar price points. It's a technological marvel, but FAR from "Luxury". And that's if you're talking about a Model S or X. The Model 3 isn't anywhere near. Model S has a couple of items that might qualify, but Model 3 is a bucket of bolts in comparison to a true Luxury vehicle. I've driven them for 8-9 years., great cars. But not Luxury. The one thing I've missed the most. But, the tech has continued to outweigh the sacrifice for that luxury.

Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I guess I got in early! I was able to refresh about 1 minute before the clock ran out and the page was up. I ended up with a reservation number in the 13,000 range. And was able to reserve the First Edition. First time I've had success doing so with a GM product. Tried to do it with the Hummer and website had errors. By the time I got in, they were sold out. For the Lyric, wouldn't let me select a dealer. By the time I could, they were sold out again. I wasn't even going to try for a third time, but took a shot and this time, (third time was the charm), it went smoothly. But, looks like many did have issues that I experienced in the past. Personally, for my taste, it's the best looking option available. I love the Hummer, but it's a love it or hate it design. F-150 is very plain and looks like a dime a dozen truck. Rivian is nice, but a little more subtle for my tastes. I loved the Avalanche back in the day. That mid-gate really opens up a lot of options.
There reservation numbers don't mean much. I was able to log in and complete my reservation for the First Edition RST within one minute of opening and my FE number is 6992##.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
There reservation numbers don't mean much. I was able to log in and complete my reservation for the First Edition RST within one minute of opening and my FE number is 6992##.
Exactly. My reservation for the WT or RST was at 11:24 EST, and mine is 1642XX. Would be nice to know your place in line. Hmm, where have we heard that before...

The worst thing about the Silverado is it makes me second guess my choice of the R1T.

Up until now I was 100% sure I was going to take delivery. Even now I am 99.9% sure, but there is just that little bit of doubt. I guess it all comes down to what the final price will be for my preferred configuration on the Silverado. I know what my R1T is, and even if the price went up a bit, I would be good, but if the Silverado was the same price or less, it would make it a really hard decision. Having that 2nd Half 2023 delivery date gives me the time to see how things shake out.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Exactly. My reservation for the WT or RST was at 11:24 EST, and mine is 1642XX. Would be nice to know your place in line. Hmm, where have we heard that before...

The worst thing about the Silverado is it makes me second guess my choice of the R1T.

Up until now I was 100% sure I was going to take delivery. Even now I am 99.9% sure, but there is just that little bit of doubt. I guess it all comes down to what the final price will be for my preferred configuration on the Silverado. I know what my R1T is, and even if the price went up a bit, I would be good, but if the Silverado was the same price or less, it would make it a really hard decision. Having that 2nd Half 2023 delivery date gives me the time to see how things shake out.
Silverado reveal pushed me a bit more toward Rivian (if they stick with their window and price). Even thinking about dealing with dealers wear me out. If I can get a really good deal from them, I may put up with it but both GM and Ford pricing does not give me the impression you get more for what you pay (at least not in the next two years). I don’t expect a deal from Tesla either. There are two many people loaded with Crypto and TSLA money to burn and not enough batteries. Until that balance changes, High priced trims will be getting all the love.

I reserved around the same time as you 155XXX. WT/RST email time stamp is 11:39 but in the body it has only the date. I think if we last two years to see how it plays out, we will see other factors; dealer games, location, …… may have more of an impact on delivery than our reservation time.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I doubt it. They should have a lot of trims below 100k.
GM doesn’t have any Federal tax credits left. They pasted the 200K vehicle limit, right?

turbome

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Looks like GM has different reservation numbers for the different trims. I was able to get a reservation for each, the Edition 1 and the standard WT/RST as a Rivian backup. Edition 1 was 009xxx and WT/RST was 648xxx
Sponsored