Sponsored

Many complain about the console cell phone charger...but.....

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

Most of the iPhones with a big camera bump won't work as far as I know. I never use it anyway. I have a dash mount so I don't have a reason to look down at it.
Have you seen a Pixel 6-8? :CWL:

That being said, my P7 and P8 both work on the OEM charging mat - in a case, a little sensitive to position, but not hard to get it right and as long as you don't smash over too many big bumps they mostly stay put. Istill keep a cable for the speed of direct charging, but I walked back my decision to buy one of the aftermarket options after trying it out and not really having any issues with it working.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Have you seen a Pixel 6-8? :CWL:

That being said, my P7 and P8 both work on the OEM charging mat - in a case, a little sensitive to position, but not hard to get it right and as long as you don't smash over too many big bumps they mostly stay put. Istill keep a cable for the speed of direct charging, but I walked back my decision to buy one of the aftermarket options after trying it out and not really having any issues with it working.
I had not seen one, but I just looked it up and :swear: that is big. Now I see your point LOL

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

iPhone 15 Pro with a 3rd party leather case. Rivian charger works fine and the leather case keeps my phone from sliding around. Honestly it's worked great.

LeftMySoulinNM

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
iPhone 14 Pro, charger never worked for me. Don't have a problem anymore now that I changed to this, which looks significantly better than OEM.

StowNCharge - Drive, Stow, Charge: Your MagSafe Solution for the Open – Adventure High Tech

1700520964234.png
I was on the waiting list to purchase this but decided against it in principle and I think Rivian should fix it. Great, it works for like 40% of phones out there or whatever the figure is. Doesn’t work for our iPhones except only fleetingly.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I was on the waiting list to purchase this but decided against it in principle and I think Rivian should fix it. Great, it works for like 40% of phones out there or whatever the figure is. Doesn’t work for our iPhones except only fleetingly.
I'd reconsider. The charger works flawlessly with MagSafe and it has much better storage where I put chap stick, keys, sunglasses, parking garage tickets, coins, etc if I need to. Overall, just a etter design.

Sponsored

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

I did buy and install the StowNCharge replacement for the OE wireless charger.

I know Rivian is supposed to replace it one day but when??? months, years?

Meanwhile I have a useable storage below the charger (I keep my FasTrack transponder, nail file, small Swiss Army knife) and MagSafe charger that works every time without any issues.

Not having the inconvenience and annoyance of the OE charger or having to wait for the replacement, is well worth having the very good alternative.

If Rivian's replacement turns out to be better, then I will simple replace the StowNCharge with the new....somehow I doubt it will be better though.

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
About 9 years ago I purchased a roll of this rubber padding on Amazon. I originally purchased it to make a protective floor pad for my Toyota FJ. It worked great for that. Since that time, I have found countless uses for this padding, cutting up little pieces for all sorts of things. I never suspected it would end up being one of the very best buys I have ever made!! The other day, it dawned on me that this would be great for the Rivian phone charging pad, to keep my phone located. I cut a piece about 3.75” x 5” or so and placed it on the passenger side of the phone charging pad. My phone is now blocked from sliding. I’m tellin’ ya’ - I love this padding stuff.

Rivian R1T R1S Many complain about the console cell phone charger...but..... IMG_1419
Sponsored