Taysh831

First Name
Ritesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I can't wait for the official Apple MagSafe option so I can charge my iPhones at full speed. Any ETA on when we can expect that to release?

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I donā€™t see @twraps selling anything that involves the user tearing apart their truck to install. That sounds like a nightmare for them and Iā€™m sure @RWerksman can attest to the lovely communications that he had when we was selling his product.
Can confirm. Some folks were quite lovely. This is one of the reasons why I don't sell it anymore.

I can't wait for the official Apple MagSafe option so I can charge my iPhones at full speed. Any ETA on when we can expect that to release?
The center console USB port puts out 15W max. This isn't quite enough to charge at full speed. You would need 20W of power (9V x 2.22A) or 23W (9V x 2.56A) to get that speed. (Rivian is 12V x 1.25A) I've measured it in the past, and I've only ever seen ~7.5W of draw.

There also has been discussion about splitting the port so you can use one to charge two phones while still having a second free. This likely isn't going to be an option either.

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
I've had mine for a week or so now, I'm pretty happy with it. The only downside is that the charging is quite a bit slower than I was expecting, but that said, it's still fine. I'm generally not looking to add a ton of charge while I'm driving, anyway. I think the flat black color works well with the FE interior, personally.

As far as magnetic strength, without a case, I think it's perfect. When I have my Apple MagSafe silicon case on, it seems stronger, and half the time I try to remove my phone, it pulls the entire mat up. I may add some double-sided tape to keep this platform stuck to the car better.

Also the cables ARE longer than you need, but I just kept them wrapped up with the twisty ties they came with and they reach the ports just fine, so I don't have the long cables just laying around within the console

IMG_0045.jpeg
Try pulling the phone forward instead of up when you remove it. Iā€™ve found they release much easier/better pulling them toward the front of the truck instead of straight up.

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

By the looks of it, I won't be offering a version with Apple chargers as I've been unable to find a reliable procurement channel. I do plan to offer a DIY version where you can put whatever pucks you want though, that one should come in mid-December I hope.

Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
For those who have received. Any pics of brushed black in black mountain? Curious how the look is vs the other black option.

tbolts10

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Public Safety
Just ordered this and the console organizer. Looking forward to it!

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Does anyone know of these chargers will charge the new AirPods Pro?
I have the 1st gen AirPods Pro and they charge but don't stick...no metal plate on the AirPods. So if the truck is in motion it will misalign and stop charging.

Sponsored

Taysh831

First Name
Ritesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I have the 1st gen AirPods Pro and they charge but don't stick...no metal plate on the AirPods. So if the truck is in motion it will misalign and stop charging.
The AirPods Pro 2 do support MagSafe so i am assuming they should stick if thatā€™s the case correct.

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

The AirPods Pro 2 do support MagSafe so i am assuming they should stick if thatā€™s the case correct.
Ah indeed! Just checked - they should charge and stick fine if they are MagSafe enabled šŸ‘

bearcats513

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Ford Maverick, Chevrolet Bolt
Clubs

Got mine and couldnā€™t be happier! Works and looks great!!

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
Does anyone know of these chargers will charge the new AirPods Pro?
it charges the current version of air pods pro - so i think the new would charge too - but the case gets pretty warm. I'd be wary of leaving them on for too long.

FrankieJ

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and Mercedes GLE 53 AMG
For those who have received. Any pics of brushed black in black mountain? Curious how the look is vs the other black option.
I have the brushed black with black mountain interior and it looks great. Fits perfectly and matches the interior perfectly. Like others have said I may try some double sided tape since the MagSafe case I have is very strong and when removing the phone it tends to pull up the base. Next time Iā€™ll try to pull the phone forward when taking it off. I have purchased several products from TWraps and so far I have been very impressed.
Sponsored