First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Small business owner
Took delivery 11/14, sent in application same day, had to resend purchase agreement 11/15, received "application accepted" confirmation email 11/18, received approval 1/31, check mailed 2/8, received hard copy check in mail 2/10.

thanks for detailed instructions

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
It's separate. R1Ts in MA came at a 15k discount last year 😍
This is really the best part. I get self-conscious when I hear people talk about the price of a Rivian, even the "old" price of ~$75k, and I always feel the need to mention this caveat. But I only paid like $60k for it! Pretty much the same as a Tesla

Ahan92

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline, outback
Clubs

Does anyone know or have a guess on if the Dual motor R1Ts will meet the weight requirement for the MOR-EV ?

OP
OP
PastyPilgrim

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Does anyone know or have a guess on if the Dual motor R1Ts will meet the weight requirement for the MOR-EV ?
I don't know if we have any concrete information, but currently the R1T only meets the GVWR threshold by like 30lbs, so I wouldn't be surprised if the dual motor large pack didn't meet the requirements (max pack might though).

Sponsored

sbma75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Tech Geek
Thank you for posting detailed instructions @PastyPilgrim ! I followed it to the letter and sent all the information. I got an approval in 10 days, waiting for the check now, which is supposed to take up to 90 days. Also, this is for my R1S, whose GWVR is just above 8500! :)

jshaff

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Curious if folks are still getting the $7500, or if the credit has dropped yet.

LHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Cherokee XJ, 2018 Wrangler JLU, 2023 R1S LE
Thank you for sharing! I submitted the email for my R1S on Sunday...haven't heard back yet but fingers crossed...

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Sportage
Clubs

Thank you for sharing! I submitted the email for my R1S on Sunday...haven't heard back yet but fingers crossed...
Same here submitted it Saturday -- Picked up my vehicle on Friday.

LHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Cherokee XJ, 2018 Wrangler JLU, 2023 R1S LE
Anyone recently applied for this and got approved ?
I submitted on June 10. On June 14 they contacted me to confirm who the check should be made out to IF the application was approved. I responded but haven't heard anything back. Will post here if I get any updates.

OP
OP
PastyPilgrim

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Heads up on this - as of Aug 8th, the new MOR-EV program went into effect and the MA eligibility for the $7,500 can only apply to vehicles with an MSRP of $80k or lower. It does show the R1T as eligible, but would have to stay under $80k.

Here are the new eligibility requirements:

Pick-Ups and Class 2b Vehicles | MOR-EV.org
That's sad. For pickups able to meet the gvwr, 80k seems a bit restrictive in the current pricing/inflation climate.
Sponsored