Sponsored

[MA] MOR-EV $7500 Rebate Guide

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
For those of you in Massachusetts taking delivery of your R1T (it's unknown yet whether the R1S qualifies, but write-in if you apply for an R1S and find out R1S is reported to be accepted as well), here's the step-by-step guide for how to get your credit. At the time of writing, there's still credits available in the top ($7500) bracket, but over time the credit will drop in value (see https://mor-ev.org/mor-ev-trucks for information about that).

Note: it takes weeks to months for any action to be taken by MOR-EV so prepare yourself for that, but hopefully these steps will help you get approved on the first shot so you don't need to go back and forth with weeks in between.

How to file:

Send an email to this address: [email protected]
DO NOT USE THE FORM ON THEIR WEBSITE, IT DOES NOT WORK

Also, they sometimes send emails from a different but similar address: [email protected]. DO NOT EMAIL THAT ADDRESS as it is a no-reply address and no one will ever see it or reply to it. You must use the proper address above ([email protected]).

Tell them that you want to file for a class 2b rebate for a Rivian R1T and attach the following:
Happy Filing :please:
Sponsored

Last edited:

adrock1212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Kia Soul EV
Thank you for posting @PastyPilgrim ! I can confirm that the program is legit and did receive my check roughly 6 weeks after sending in all the information. :)

jwardell

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jwardell.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

What an informative guide!
It's important to note that responses to emails often take one to TWO weeks so some patience is required, apparently the team tasked with this works on something completely different.

It certainly would have helped me, instead I had to waste weeks back and forth as they requested one thing from that list each time. But eventually we got there and I did receive my check!

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Hmm,I didn't send them the picture of the door card to show GWVR, but I included the page from the owner's manual. You'd also like to think since they've already approved a bunch of R1Ts, it shouldn't be an issue, anyway. Here's to waiting a few weeks and then finding out!

OP
OP
PastyPilgrim

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Hmm,I didn't send them the picture of the door card to show GWVR, but I included the page from the owner's manual. You'd also like to think since they've already approved a bunch of R1Ts, it shouldn't be an issue, anyway. Here's to waiting a few weeks and then finding out!
I think you should be fine with just the manual. That could change as Rivian starts producing new configs though (small battery, dual motor, etc) if we start seeing variable GVWR.

Ive seen most people here talk about sending the manual, I just thought the door sticker was more direct and easier.

Sponsored

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
They just got back to me, you do need either an image of the certificate of origin or the door card. I photocopied my certificate of origin but only the back side, so I've just sent them the image I took of the door card. Just a heads-up for everybody else.

OP
OP
PastyPilgrim

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
In case any of you Massachusetts Rivian owners need an update, it looks as if there are still some blocks left in our category ... needless to say Tesla has used up all of their rebates in the automobile quota :). check out their stats page:
https://mor-ev.org/program-statistics
Isn't that just for the non-truck program? I don't see any trucks mentioned.

That said, they did finally update the main truck page to say that there are 138/200 remaining. That's the first update I've seen from them on this program.

CD4Complex

First Name
Quenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
yes, that's the whole lot - you have to do some filtering to get to the trucks/ battery/ hybrid/ etc. for the "BEV" category just 2022 makes 1400-ish and 2/3rds of that is Toyota and Hyundai. so i guess the trucks just aren't in that graph. But looking at the page that shows how many rebates are left in category 1, that's still 200-138 as you say, so that leaves 200+200+138 left still to go, and it hasn't changed this week!
Rivian R1T R1S [MA] MOR-EV $7500 Rebate Guide Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 8.00.37 PM

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
About two weeks ago I got my email from them that my application had been submitted. Hopefully I hear soon about approval and check status. Pretty happy to see that according to your posts above, I should still be in the $7,500 tier.

Sponsored

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
Sharing timeline of events on my end.
- Applied 07/26/22
- Application Received 08/03/22
- Approved 08/26/22*
- Check: Not Received Yet

*Email says check will be mailed within 90 days.

Hope this helps anyone wondering about the timing of this program.

CD4Complex

First Name
Quenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
and i have an update on my application - they replied within 4 days yesterday! I accidentally left out the GVWR image, and they let me know. wow....

jshaff

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I finally got my check today!

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
I got my notice on Monday that my application was accepted, now I get to wait that 90 days or less :).