Sponsored

Lubed tonneaus - is yours still working?

Lubed tonneaus - is yours still working?

• Total voters

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Have never lubed my tonneau - it still works fine.

On mine, the only issue I've seen is when the last slat "drops down" from the second-to-last, so that it will catch trying to enter the slat-house (my name for it.) When I retract, I just grab the last panel, thumb on top, fingers under, and press up with my fingers. That ensures the last slat goes up and over the second-to-last and retreats home properly.

It failed literally the first time I tried to open it while the truck was being dropped off and the delivery person still there - and I saw that was the problem. So by doing that every time I retract, I haven't had any problems since. (The other thing I'll do if I don't need it fully retracted is to stop it before the last slat enters the slat-house.)
Sponsored

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I've had mine around 6 months, I sprayed the lube on it the first month or so of buying the truck and haven't again. With that said, i've open and closed and tonneau cover probably 5-7 times in the time that I've owned it, and even with that little of use I still cringe anytime I do close it hoping it isn't going to break.