Lost wedding ring under seat / center console

grantsi

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, Porsche Cayenne
I was spinning my ring in my hand this morning while sitting in traffic and it slipped between my seat and the center console. Somehow the center console was not flush with the floor so it managed to fall between the crack and "under" the car...I assume it is never to be seen again and based on the experience i have had with service taking bits of the car out and then not being able to reinstall i doubt i go down that path...howeverbefore i give up - has anyone had any experience fishing things out from under the seat / center console? Thank you
Sponsored

bgoldber88

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T LE, 2021 BMW X3 PHEV
Occupation
Engineer
My brother just lost a lighter this way this weekend while in the passenger seat. The carpet isn’t all the way down and it seems to have disappeared. I’m having service fix the carpet and fetch the lighter, among other things that need servicing

OP
OP

grantsi

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, Porsche Cayenne
The circles red area is tiny gap the damn thing slipped through…not sure what options I have

Rivian R1T R1S Lost wedding ring under seat / center console 4E5831A2-8141-468F-AA34-61AE2E59A59A

Rivian R1T R1S Lost wedding ring under seat / center console 5ABB4838-9DEC-4535-8516-F52968D28D2B

Rivian R1T R1S Lost wedding ring under seat / center console 4F97EDA4-6195-4A1E-AF56-A139344380C7

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

There's so many places where the carpet isn't fully seated or there's cracks between the carpet and trim. Your ring has most likely been sucked into a black hole under that console. Probably easier to divorce and start over with a new ring then to try and find it, unfortunately. :CWL:

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

There's so many places where the carpet isn't fully seated or there's cracks between the carpet and trim. Your ring has most likely been sucked into a black hole under that console. Probably easier to divorce and start over with a new ring then to try and find it, unfortunately. :CWL:
TRUTH

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

totally agree. honestly, its more like a rug that just covers the floor area as opposed to carpet thats actually fastened down. one of the cheap and/or poor designed parts of a Rivian.

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
My wife lost an earring to the same Bermuda Triangle. I searched for an entire afternoon, taking apart what I could before giving up.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Seat has to come out and console has to come out to have a chance in finding it.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
It’s your wedding ring. Have service find it and even if things don’t get reinstalled perfectly, consider it a win at home.

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

Better yet take some very sharp corners. Let the sideways g-force pull it out.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I understand that and agree 100%. I also think showing more effort than simply looking under the seat is symbolic. Plus, rings cost money.

Reactions: Guy

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Sorry to hear. Best of luck finding it. It's not as dumb as breaking your ring in the gym (clean & press) and losing it. Women have so much jewellery and most of us (men) only have one small piece and we still manage to mess that up (speaking about me).

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Sorry to hear. Best of luck finding it. It's not as dumb as breaking your ring in the gym (clean & press) and losing it. Women have so much jewellery and most of us (men) only have one small piece and we still manage to mess that up (speaking about me).
You have to get yourself those silicone bands for working out my guy. I wouldn't dream of wearing my good ring when I'm rock climbing.
Sponsored