Sponsored

Looking for the best PPF installers in Southern California... who do YOU recommend?

zor

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
Occupation
Software
Clubs

getting ready to take delivery of my R1S in a few weeks and would like to have a PPF installer ready and lined up.... I would appreciate recommendations anywhere within a 30 mile range of Ontario, CA
Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Essence Motorsport in Laguna Hills is probably too far for you. So, my advice is for you to first hone in on which premiere PPF brand you want. XPEL, SunTek or STEK. Then check their authorized installer locator pages to see who is in your area. Then, check each one’s IG account to see if they’ve done other Rivians. Ask them questions and see how responsive and transparent they are.

Last edited:

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I used Aerowerks Motorsports in City of Industry. They do a great job. I used them for my Model 3 five years ago and it has held up. You can’t even tell it is on there. No bubbles or yellowing or cracking. For the R1S, I did full front plus two front doors (to protect from front wheel rocks through the air bypass). The full front is a package and includes full hood, fenders, mirrors, all painted and glossy finishes in the front bumper, the headlights and fog lights.. They did the front for $2,000 (they had some sort of special as original price was $2,600). They use Dyno Shield. They claim it is one of the better options with 10 year warranty. I don’t know if that’s true but from my Model 3 after five years, I can see it is quality stuff. The doors were $400 each. They said because of the Rivian emblems on the doors. Overall, you can’t even tell it’s on there. They remove the badges and wrap the edges.

citizen

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, RX350h
Occupation
Product Designer
Clubs

Virgil T2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, CR, 22s, 2017 Model X, R1S preorder
SoCal tint in Riverside, Gee the owner is a master at his craft. He has done PPF and tint on both my Rivians and my many past Teslas.

Sponsored

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340, Tesla M3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

Essence Motorsport in Laguna Hills is probably too far for you. So, my advice is for you to first hone in on which premiere PPF brand you want. XPEL, SunTek or STEK. Then check there authorized installer locator pages to see who is in your area. Then, check each one’s IG account to see if they’ve done other Rivians. Ask them questions and see how responsive and transparent they are.
How was your experience with Essence? I think I’ll be going to them for my stealth wrap

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
How was your experience with Essence? I think I’ll be going to them for my stealth wrap
No complaints. They were very polite and transparent about everything. Tell them Paul with the GW R1T they did at end of August sent you.

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340, Tesla M3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

PBRAZ

First Name