• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
  • RIVIANFORUMS CLUBS!

Announcing our new "CLUBS" section where you can join or create a Rivian club or group! You can use this new feature to conveniently plan and discuss local events, gatherings or other club/group related topics.

So we encourage you to join (or start) special-interest and regional-based Rivian clubs at: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/group-categories/clubs-groups.1/

Sponsored

Michigan Looking for R1T, maybe even R1S asap

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Seriously? Lol! Must be a Russian oligarch trying to shield their money from the coming sanctions.

Rivian R1T R1S Looking for R1T, maybe even R1S asap C8E9CCC3-010B-4A3C-A9D8-267BA854BD65
Sponsored

echerod

First Name
Rodolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3
Occupation
Finance
Thank you for the replies.
Some of the replies were expected, so I appreciate your confirmation.
I am totally aware that some people waited a long time - similarly to Tesla Plaid people and they started selling their cars after a few month. The plenty of sugar comment is understood :)
I think you're right, we should see slightly used R1Ts in a couple of months. Just as a reference, I can see 3 Lucid Air Dream Editions for sale on Cars.com, and they started selling them around the same time as the R1T. The cheapest one is going for $30k over original price (or 18% markup). I would expect a similar markup for an R1T, if not more.

ssiminou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Aston Martin Vantage
There are rumors of Hummer EV1s selling for ~$200k...so we'll have to see how that influences the first Rivian trucks listed for sale.

SRTConvert

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lincoln Navigator L
I had the same thought as echerod, albeit the Lucid Air Dream Edition is limited to 520 copies. If you have to have a Rivian, Lucid, Bronco, etc., that is in short supply, you'll pay.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
There are some things money can’t buy…. A Rivian is one of those things right now.
Jeff B showed that if you give Rivain $2.5 billion, they will send you a few pickups within a day. And that was 8 months ago. I bet now you it would cost a lot less.

Last edited:

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
All joking aside, I agree with others that in the next 6 months you could probably pry an R1T away from an early delivery recipient. Whether it just turned out to be not what they wanted or they see an opportunity to make some $ by flipping it, I’m positive it will happen.

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Honestly you can just wait until the beginning of 2023 and get one for MSRP or less. Buying one second hand in the next 6 months would be a horrible decision.

Assuming Rivian catches up by early 2023 there will be plenty of Rivians available on lots. Like all EVs people will buy it without being prepared for owning an electric car and trade it in shortly after.

Next 6-8 months? Bad decision.
Whenever Rivian catches up and there are 5k+ cars on the road? Easy to find a lightly used R1T.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Honestly you can just wait until the beginning of 2023 and get one for MSRP or less. Buying one second hand in the next 6 months would be a horrible decision.

Assuming Rivian catches up by early 2023 there will be plenty of Rivians available on lots. Like all EVs people will buy it without being prepared for owning an electric car and trade it in shortly after.

Whenever Rivian catches up and there are 5k+ cars on the road? Easy to find a lightly used R1T.
Rivian R1T R1S Looking for R1T, maybe even R1S asap IMG_20220224_151332

...too soon?

pklomboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Real talk, come back in May/June with some numbers, I'll bet you'll find some of us juggling Lightning and R1T loans willing to part with one.
just canceled my lightning.... r1t or bust! =)

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I will be a first time EV owner, what would you say are the top reasons people bail on them? Curious if there is anything I have missed when doing my pro / con list.

Also, i think you're 100% spot on with your prognostication on 2022 being a terrible year to buy a used Rivian unless you like burning money.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I will be a first time EV owner, what would you say are the top reasons people bail on them? Curious if there is anything I have missed when doing my pro / con list.

Also, i think you're 100% spot on with your prognostication on 2022 being a terrible year to buy a used Rivian unless you like burning money.
The people I know that bailed were for basically 2 reasons. They did not have a way to charge at home was one. The other was they drove several days a month that did not fit in their vehicle range which made it very inconvenient.

We have had ours for going on 6 years and it is still one of my favorite cars and fits our use cases very well.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

The people I know that bailed were for basically 2 reasons. They did not have a way to charge at home was one. The other was they drove several days a month that did not fit in their vehicle range which made it very inconvenient.

We have had ours for going on 6 years and it is still one of my favorite cars and fits our use cases very well.
Ok - I figured those were the top two.

I just literally got my electrician friend committed to coming over and rewiring the 50a circuit in my garage that we disconnected for my hot tub a couple years back. My plan is to use the portable charger with a 14-50 so I have that covered

I work from home, and my wife works 2.5 miles away. Beyond that the furthest we typically drive in a day is a couple hundred miles and that's a handful of times a year. Most "long" trips are running from the suburbs into downtown Portland.

That being said, i do think we're going to want do do more with the Rivian (otherwise why buy it) but the RAN looks like it's going to be pretty favorable for Oregon - with the exception of down in SE Oregon which is somewhere I want to do some more exploring.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
GUYS SERIOUSLY IM RICH AND I WILL BUY YOUR CAR WITH THESE 2 ZERO HALIBURTON CASES FULL OF BEARER BONDS. OR MY COPIOUS CRYPTO IN THIS KRAKEN WALLET.

BUT I NEED IT ASAP!

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
You can have mine

for ...
Rivian R1T R1S Looking for R1T, maybe even R1S asap 1645754241890

thousand