Sponsored

License Plates?

blkfxstc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Launch Edition
Anyone who has taken delivery, have you received your tags and license plates? My IL temp tag expires 06/24/22, trying to plan ahead if needed. Thanks-
Sponsored

Tommy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 HD Fatboy
Anyone who has taken delivery, have you received your tags and license plates? My IL temp tag expires 06/24/22, trying to plan ahead if needed. Thanks-
Nope. Took delivery early April. Temp Illinois tags expire 7/4/22. DMV says that they have not yet received anything from Rivian. Guide says, the documentation team advised the title will be delivered in 2 to 4 weeks. Waiting patiently.

Asked Guide (2 weeks ago) if Rivian can issue an extension of the temp tags. Crickets.

OP
OP

blkfxstc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Launch Edition
I have to title it myself now, they started sending paperwork yesterday.

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
Took delivery 6/10 and received my plates and registration last wednesday!

Sponsored

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Are you guys installing the front plate? For some reason I decided not to have Rivian install the front license plate, but went ahead and installed it myself with the one that came with the truck. Unfortunately now the front camera is being blocked a bit by the license plate which I was surprised since it's a factory part.

I didn't want to install it, but I also travel through smaller towns sometimes and didn't want to have to deal with the hassle since I've been given a hard time about it in past vehicles.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Are you guys installing the front plate? For some reason I decided not to have Rivian install the front license plate, but went ahead and installed it myself with the one that came with the truck. Unfortunately now the front camera is being blocked a bit by the license plate which I was surprised since it's a factory part.
What screws did you use?

My front plate bracket was in the cargo net in my front trunk, but there was no included hardware.

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
What screws did you use?

My front plate bracket was in the cargo net in my front trunk, but there was no included hardware.
I bought screws from Lowes for license plates that were self tapping. It fits great and didn't have any issues with it until I went to reverse out of my driveway and saw the 360 camera :headbang:

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

What screws did you use?

Same. I just used some self-tapers I had on hand.

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

I bought screws from Lowes for license plates that were self tapping. It fits great and didn't have any issues with it until I went to reverse out of my driveway and saw the 360 camera :headbang:
I honestly don't think the plate is blocking anything. Sure it doesn't look the cleanest in the 360 camera, but it does not seem to have an impact to the cameras.
This had me concerned so I brought out the painter's tape and tried to line things up as best as I could. I started with the stock plate mount taped on to the bumper and lined up the front line with the straightest line in the two W's on the curb. Note the extra shadow in front of the blue painter's tape.
?hash=95eda0c550548d79796ba48bf6a412c0.jpg

After removing the plate mount you can see there is more "road" in the curved corners, but that's it! The edge of the blue painter's tape from the first image lines up with the softer edge of the shadow in the second image.
There is something funky happening on the corners. For example in the passenger front corner there is some extra blue paint on the lower part of the curb which does not exist, as you can see in the last image.
PXL_20220612_160740724.jpg

PXL_20220612_161027241.jpg

Ultimately I think the stock plate mount only appears to block some visibility. I believe that space that it is "blocking" on the corners is full of false stitching artifacts and should not be trusted anyway. Additionally, it looks like there might be a few extra inches of space in front of the truck inside the black space.

Sponsored

teddyang

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adeventure Edition, RB, BM, 21"
Clubs

Took delivery 6/25, got plates today, 7/7. Seems like Rivian has it down with CA registration.

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

I got my plates less than 3 weeks after taking delivery. It does seem CA DMV registrations are working well.

R1Ser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e
Clubs

In CA, front plates are mandatory, and Rivian is asking if I’d like to have the bracket installed on my R1S.

Would love to hear if factory drilled bracket for the front license plate is what you folks are getting or if there are any other good options.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Don't get it drilled. CA allows decal plates

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition; MotoGuzzi V7II
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

For my front plate, I have used both the SnapPlate and the BuiltRight.

Of the two, I prefer the BuiltRight. I think it looks cleaner, but both are solid and reliable.
Sponsored