Launch Edition vs Adventure Package

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
Going through a buyback and wondering what the current differences are.

As best I can tell I'm giving up:
Wristband key.
The Frunk Power outlet.
Some very slightly different badging. Just the wording?
Some wood trim now plastic?
The radio will be different. Better or worse?
An optional launch color I didn't want.
The auto tonneau cover. Stuck with an empty box in the bed. They said a retrofit will not be offered, if/when the fix it.
Free wheel/tire upgrade.

Anything else?
Sponsored

Last edited:

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Wheels/tires, not just tires. And the wristband key.

But yeah, that’s basically it.
Why the buyback?

OP
OP

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

* Wristband key.

- Available (in theory) to purchase for Adventure

* The Frunk Power outlet.

- Which is currently hit or miss. Some 2023 Adventure are getting them, and some later Launch Edition *AREN"T*.

* Some very slightly different badging. Just the wording?

- Yup, just "Launch Edition" vs. "Stay Adventurous"

* Some wood parts?

- It's a free option between wood and non-wood.

* The radio will be different. Better or worse?

- If you get a currently-in-stock, it may very well be the old radio. And nobody really knows if it's better or worse yet. Of course Rivian will claim it's better.

* An optional launch color I didn't want.

- Also the option to upgrade the interior color to the Ocean Coast for free was a Launch Edition freebie.

* The auto tonneau cover. Stuck with an empty box in the bed.

- Some Launch Editions have come with it disabled from the factory. Presumably they'll fix them; and it was possible to order Adventure with the powered. If you're getting from inventory, you might still get one.

* Free wheel/tire upgrade.

- Yup.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
* Wristband key.

- Available (in theory) to purchase for Adventure

* The Frunk Power outlet.

- Which is currently hit or miss. Some 2023 Adventure are getting them, and some later Launch Edition *AREN"T*.
Just confirmed on Reddit today that wristbands are NOT going to be available for purchase in the store anytime soon. And the 12V is permanently deleted - the few vehicles that have been getting it recently are just because they're using up their remaining parts.
* Some wood parts?

- It's a free option between wood and non-wood.
I think he's referring to the wood trim on the back of the front seats, which seems to have been replaced by plastic in recent builds.

- Also the option to upgrade the interior color to the Ocean Coast for free was a Launch Edition freebie.
Not exactly. Us price-protected folks get OC for no upcharge - doesn't matter if you're Launch or Adventure.

Sponsored

911.1 Guy

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Dam Many
Occupation
Finance
Wow that truck was in terrible condition upon delivery. Glad you are making them accountable. I've never seen that many QC errors on one vehicle. Was it even inspected?

OP
OP

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
Wow that truck was in terrible condition upon delivery. Glad you are making them accountable. I've never seen that many QC errors on one vehicle. Was it even inspected?
And then it got more issues after they forced me to try and let them fix it.

Long list of issues, some were fixed more were added.

With all the stuff they no longer come with and how long it's been (5 months?) I'm not sure I want to try again. They gave me Shop access but I'm still unsure what they would do on the price vs what I already paid and new ones not coming with the same stuff. After I get a different one, I'm sure they'll come out with the new auto tonneau cover.

Last edited:

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
And then it got more issues after they forced me to try and let them fix it.

Long list of issues, some were fixed more were added.

With all the stuff they no longer come with and how long it's been (5 months?) I'm not sure I want to try again. They gave Shop access but I'm still unsure what they would do on the price vs what I already paid and new ones not coming with the same stuff. I'm after I get a different one they'll come out with the new auto tonneau cover.
You're in a really tough spot. Sorry you've had such a terrible experience. I'd be second guessing what my next move should be as well. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
That really sucks. I'm sorry you are dealing with that. It would sour me on getting another one. BUT (because I love mine) if you can get another one for the same price with basically all the same options, you aren't really missing anything on a launch edition. Also - there are a lot of Launch Green trucks in the R1 Shop according to a lot of posts - so maybe your guide can still locate a launch edition for you.

Ultimately, you want launch edition pricing - the actual launch edition is nothing more than a little badge and a set of options you can get on any truck. (launch green color I limited allegedly but we'll see)

s00n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S - Jeep LJ Rubicon - R1S
Kinda seems like some of the things that made them different are no longer offered/available. I'm a 11/20 Adventure res - could I potentially find my exact build in the Shop as an LE? (Declined access bc I was holding out for my exact build). I couldn't care less about the "edition" I guess in other words, was FG/BM/20" Dark offered as LE?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Kinda seems like some of the things that made them different are no longer offered/available. I'm a 11/20 Adventure res - could I potentially find my exact build in the Shop as an LE? (Declined access bc I was holding out for my exact build). I couldn't care less about the "edition" I guess in other words, was FG/BM/20" Dark offered as LE?
I think LE only comes with the regular 20" AT wheels as a "free" upgrade . Otherwise it has some badging inside that says launch edition. Can come in any color but only LEs can get "launch green" exterior.
Sponsored