Sponsored

Yup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Sorry if I missed it; but, does the rack lock down to the crossbars if you use the T-nuts? And, does Kuat include locks with the rack. I have the Yakima; but, I have to load bikes backward to avoid the front wheel hitting the deflector and the adjustability (fore-aft) of the Yakima is limited.
It comes with hardware for both Tnut or a clamp style. The Tnut looks cleaner and was easy to install on the Rivian cross bars- but I assume both options work fine.

it comes with a lock and key for the internally housed locking cable.

Im sure the Yakima rack is fine, but in pure material construction this doesn’t even come close. Zero plastic- it’s really top notch and a great solution to getting a bike on bars, and out of the truck bed. (Which is way better than on the roof if your 5’ 9”!)

Certainly more adjustability too- you can likely face your bike in either direction. Depending on where you mount the rack. I probably only have 2-4 inches or over hang off the back.

If you can swing the extra 200 over the Yakima for a plastic free - “forever rack” then its worth it.
Sponsored

DDay61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2021 992 4S, 2019 Macan S
One thing I miss from my Ridgeline was the bed rack. The bike was completely protected, low riding, and super stable (fork-mount). Super cheap, too. The only issue in the Ridgeline was that my Niner had to be turned at a slight angle to get the tailgate up. Road bikes and regular mountain bikes fit in fine. No worries about low hanging overheads or backing up. The Yakima is a done deal for me. But, if I hadn't bought it, no doubt I'd get the Kuat. I had a Saris hitch rack that lasted 20 years. It was high quality; but, the Kuats have an even better reputation.

One nice surprise was the built in inflator. I have tubeless wheels on my Domane. I redid the sealant. The best way to refill the tire is using a burst inflator; but, the Rivian inflator did just fine.

Last edited: