Sponsored

md2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Clubs

I guess I'll be using it (if I am understanding correctly, it will essentially be the map used in the navigation system?). I've tried it a few times and preferred just using google maps (sending directions to my R1T) and taking a look at Plugshare. Some seem to really like it so I hope my mind is changed.
Sponsored

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
So when I renewed my ABRP subscription last week, it went to Rivian?

Cool.

NOW GET LIVE DATA WORKING WITH ABRP, cause I'm getting nowhere getting it working via HomeAssistant and I'm doing a heavy tow for 200+ miles tomorrow morning.

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

I guess I'll be using it (if I am understanding correctly, it will essentially be the map used in the navigation system?). I've tried it a few times and preferred just using google maps (sending directions to my R1T) and taking a look at Plugshare. Some seem to really like it so I hope my mind is changed.
I have had the same experience. I am trying to plan a 2000 mile road trip and I have found ABRP to be less than ideal at locating stations that are functioning properly. When I crosscheck ABRP choices against PlugShare user check ins, I find they are sending me to underpowered stations with no mention of slower than advertised charging speeds or adjustment of time to charge. I understand that part of this is the horrid CCS network, but if I have to crosscheck every stop, I might as well just start at PlugShare and create a trip there based on charger quality and actually get a better idea of charging times. Does paying for the subscription resolve these issues? Anyone have recommendations for getting ABRP to provide a better trip plan?

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
I have had the same experience. I am trying to plan a 2000 mile road trip and I have found ABRP to be less than ideal at locating stations that are functioning properly. When I crosscheck ABRP choices against PlugShare user check ins, I find they are sending me to underpowered stations with no mention of slower than advertised charging speeds or adjustment of time to charge. I understand that part of this is the horrid CCS network, but if I have to crosscheck every stop, I might as well just start at PlugShare and create a trip there based on charger quality and actually get a better idea of charging times. Does paying for the subscription resolve these issues? Anyone have recommendations for getting ABRP to provide a better trip plan?
Never really used ABRP since it was easier to use nav and plugshare. The ABRP app just isn't user friendly to quickly get info. Tried it again for an upcoming road trip on a route I've traveled many times. ABRP chose an odd route, skipped numerous RANs for EAs and EVGOs. Cautiously optimistic that this new integration will be vastly improved once we get the update.

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

ABRP chose an odd route, skipped numerous RANs for EAs and EVGOs.
You can go to the charging network list and boost the affinity for RAN if you want.

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

CarPlay can https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/set-up-electric-vehicle-routing-iphc5e3a4b4b/ios

I don’t have an Android phone but I’m nearly certain Android provides this, too.
Thanks for the info. We use CarPlay in our RAV4 Prime which is the plug-in hybrid so no need to have that activated. I suppose if we want to run CarPlay in the R1T, we can just get a phone holder and run it from the phone.

Now that Rivian owns ABRP, it will be interesting to see how they integrate it into the Rivian ecosystem.

The one thing I wish the screen would allow is that when I am listening to Spotify it would be nice to be able to move the playing screen to the driver's side. It looks like it moves a little, but not all the way over to the left.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Obioban

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e46 M3, e39 M5, e46 M3 converted wagon, i3, e60 M5
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
That the reason i personally dont want CarPlay or android auto. These software can never communicate with what car needs. I had same issue with KIA EV6. Android auto had no idea about my range and charging needs. Had to search manually on ABRP or Plugshare to find nearest charger. So definitely i am not going to choose CarPlay or android auto on my rivian or my tesla if they become available option. If you are so interested in the apps on your phone you definitely can use Bluetooth and enjoy. And tesla already have so many apps option and rivian is adding some slowly.
They can communicate with the car if the car maker supports it.
Sponsored