Issues using Alexa?

bdavis171

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Same problems here was well. Anyone put in a service ticket?
Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
The volume of Alexa should be able to be adjusted independent of the radio volume. I can never hear her unless I crank up the volume and then the music blares when I am done with Alexa.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
The volume of Alexa should be able to be adjusted independent of the radio volume. I can never hear her unless I crank up the volume and then the music blares when I am done with Alexa.
Agree 100%.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Agree 100%.
Not sure what the objective definition of blaring is, but it seems to work fine for me around 15 on the volume. When prompted the music fades and I can hear Alexa perfectly, then goes back to audio when done.

But yeah, if you were more of a 5-10 on the audio type of person, it would be hard to hear Alexa.

Interestingly, I did an infotainment reboot yesterday, and today Alexa was working. Before that I was logging out/back in to Alexa every time I got in the vehicle if I wanted to use it since the last update. It's still working after two sleep cycles today.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Not sure what the objective definition of blaring is, but it seems to work fine for me around 15 on the volume. When prompted the music fades and I can hear Alexa perfectly, then goes back to audio when done.

But yeah, if you were more of a 5-10 on the audio type of person, it would be hard to hear Alexa.

Interestingly, I did an infotainment reboot yesterday, and today Alexa was working. Before that I was logging out/back in to Alexa every time I got in the vehicle if I wanted to use it since the last update. It's still working after two sleep cycles today.
That kind of makes sense. I normally have it around 6-8, and at that volume it is nearly impossible to hear Alexa. Would make more sense to be able to adjust the volume independent of the radio volume, or at least make it louder or softer relatively, so that it would still scale with changing the volume of the radio.

Sponsored

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
With my other cars the navigation, phone call and alert volumes can be set independently of music levels. If I am listening to music loudly (my usual case) while an alert comes through, the music volume will lower and the alert will play at the default volume I previously chose. If I have the music volume low the alert will still play at the default volume I set and I don't have to quickly adjust the volume to hear the alert. It works very well. Even my aftermarket Pioneer head unit in my 2005 LJ can handle this.

OP
OP

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
Has there been any solution or fix for Alexa not playing Spotify anymore? It used to work when I would say "Alexa, play X song on Spotify." Now Alexa just says I need to add Spotify or upgrade. The irony is it says that as I'm listening to Spotify. I've tried reboots, but still get the same error.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Has there been any solution or fix for Alexa not playing Spotify anymore? It used to work when I would say "Alexa, play X song on Spotify." Now Alexa just says I need to add Spotify or upgrade. The irony is it says that as I'm listening to Spotify. I've tried reboots, but still get the same error.
I can’t even get Rivian to acknowledge the bug. I filed a service ticket but it seems to be round-filed.

I’m a bit concerned this bug made it out to GA release. Why wouldn’t Rivian have some unit tests and integration/end-to-end automated tests that cover this? How did none of the employee vehicles in the pilot OTA program notice the issue? The most logical conclusion, in my mind, is that Rivian did know about this and decided to release anyway.

OP
OP

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
I can’t even get Rivian to acknowledge the bug. I filed a service ticket but it seems to be round-filed.

I’m a bit concerned this bug made it out to GA release. Why wouldn’t Rivian have some unit tests and integration/end-to-end automated tests that cover this? How did none of the employee vehicles in the pilot OTA program notice the issue? The most logical conclusion, in my mind, is that Rivian did know about this and decided to release anyway.
Agreed. This is so frustrating. Out of curiosity, how long ago did yours stop working with spotify? Was it due to the latest update?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Agreed. This is so frustrating. Out of curiosity, how long ago did yours stop working with spotify? Was it due to the latest update?
It was always unreliable. The most recent update broke it and now it NEVER works.

Sponsored

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I asked about it again on Monday. Their response: "They are working on a patch to fix this ASAP. It has been a strong request from the community."

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, R1T
Occupation
Engineer
My experiences:

Me: "Alexa, directions to ____"
Alexa: "I'm sorry, I can't do that"

or

Alexa: "I found multiple options. Would you like Option 1, ...2, ...3?"
Me: "Option 1"
Alexa: "I'm sorry, would you like Option 1, ...2, ...3?"
Me: "The first one"
Repeated until I give up or use the screen.

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
My experiences:

Me: "Alexa, directions to ____"
Alexa: "I'm sorry, I can't do that"

or

Alexa: "I found multiple options. Would you like Option 1, ...2, ...3?"
Me: "Option 1"
Alexa: "I'm sorry, would you like Option 1, ...2, ...3?"
Me: "The first one"
Repeated until I give up or use the screen.
Other than getting it to occasionally dial someone I want to talk to, I can’t get Alexa to do much of what the manual says it will either. I hate smudging up my screen and had high hopes for the voice controls but it’s basically like having a talkative schizophrenic friend riding shotgun.

Most common response is: “I’m sorry, I can’t do that”.

MCRNGR

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Occupation
Administrator
I just got my Rivian R1T a week ago, and I've had tons of issues with Alexa. I signed in right away and it worked for about a day, then kept saying that it couldn't connect to the internet. I soft reset my Rivian, and reconnected Alexa, worked for a bit, then the same thing. Hopefully an update will fix this. I use Alexa all throughout my house, and it would be great to get it to work inside my Rivian as well.
Exact same experience. Three days old and that was the one thing I spent an hour on at delivery with the guide. Rivian, this needs to be fixed!

jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/Y/3, R1T, R1S (order)
I have the same issue. Alexa can't seem to do anything. When I first took delivery I could get an acknowledgement for a nav request although Alexa always thought I was 500 miles away from where I was. Now I just get, "I can't help with that" or "I have no internet." My right brake light is not working so I am in for service tomorrow and see if they have any thoughts on Alexa
Sponsored