Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
... are coming next week:

We're now at the "This week's info dump is that next week we'll have an info dump" stage of things, but honestly, at least we know they're alive over there.

I wonder if software is coming in a little hotter than expected? Seems like the only part that I wouldn't expect to be 100% dialed in by now.
Sponsored

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
... are coming next week:

We're now at the "This week's info dump is that next week we'll have an info dump" stage of things, but honestly, at least we know they're alive over there.

I wonder if software is coming in a little hotter than expected? Seems like the only part that I wouldn't expect to be 100% dialed in by now.
I had a call with CS today and they said that interior information was incoming but that UI was not part of the info dump. He said they are "finalizing" UI, whatever that means. Anyways, I'm looking forward to something, anything.

OP
OP
kylealden

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Product Management
I had a call with CS today and they said that interior information was incoming but that UI was not part of the info dump. He said they are "finalizing" UI, whatever that means. Anyways, I'm looking forward to something, anything.
Honestly, this makes sense to me. If there's anything they can still be iterating on at this point, it's UI. Would love a walkthrough but given that we already know the basic parameters of capabilities, I don't mind waiting.

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Coming in hot? I used to work on programs where the customer had to do a day-1 patch, sometimes 2-3 weeks after initial deliveries. That seems pretty normal across industries these days, but tends to lead to a bad OOBE (Out of Box Experience). I wouldn't be surprised if there's a few "coming soon" responses for functionality on the initial deliveries

Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Software is never 100% dialed in.

OP
OP
kylealden

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Product Management
To be clear, I'm well aware of software development practices... that's my industry and I've shipped many a day zero patch in my career ?

My point is that some basic UI conventions and featureset may be in enough flux that they don't want to film the walkthrough yet until it's a little more polished or closer to production. The car UI is unlikely to be the long pole given how long they've been in the wild but I wouldn't be surprised if they're still iterating (especially things like media partnerships, games, mobile apps, etc. that we haven't seen yet.)

805Badger

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Model X
Occupation
Physicist
Not sure why they would be hesitant about putting something out there that may change on the final release. We're a forgiving lot and won't dissect every morsel and hold them accountable to every detail, right?

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
We're a forgiving lot and won't dissect every morsel and hold them accountable to every detail, right?
Some of us are a forgiven lot, some of us not so much.

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

So, I guess that means that next Thursday is "S00N".

Sponsored

ElectricDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
The more Rivian slow roles their information release the more deflated I get. The fact that we're just getting a look at the interior in the 3rd week of the month that deliveries were expected just frustrates the hell out of me.

I already know what the UI and interior of the F150 lightning will be, and they're still a 9-12 months out.

And the whole excuse that rivian just doesn't want to release something that isn't representative of what you'll get is just nonsense. They still have plenty of old photos on their website that we know are of an older design and not representative of our purchase.

Rant complete.

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
The more Rivian slow roles their information release the more deflated I get. The fact that we're just getting a look at the interior in the 3rd week of the month that deliveries were expected just frustrates the hell out of me.

I already know what the UI and interior of the F150 lightning will be, and they're still a 9-12 months out.

And the whole excuse that rivian just doesn't want to release something that isn't representative of what you'll get is just nonsense. They still have plenty of old photos on their website that we know are of an older design and not representative of our purchase.

Rant complete.
Agree. This has got to be the absolute worst roll out ever. Maybe we all just are just giving Rivian way too much credit. Deliveries in a few weeks and we are supposed to get excited about information that should have been shared a year ago? It's almost to the point of too little too late.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Deliveries in a few weeks and we are supposed to get excited about information that should have been shared a year ago?
A year ago seems a little excessive.
Sponsored