Sponsored

Interesting charging curve

GA_Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

This may be old info, but I hadn't seen a curve like this.
Rivian R1T R1S Interesting charging curve Nxu_Rivian_2023_ChargeCurve

This is a curve from the Nxu (formerly Atlis) charging station; the info (click "View Product Details") also has curves for Lucid Air, Lightning and Tesla Y, all of which are very different. I was pleased to see that at 20 min the Rivian was ahead...
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
It looks odd because they plugged the R1T in at about 35% SOC.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

OP
OP

GA_Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

The interesting thing to me was the shape of the charge applied, which is determined by the vehicle. All 4 of the vehicles graphed in the referenced piece had very different shapes. Here are all 4 for comparison:
Rivian R1T R1S Interesting charging curve Nxu_ChargingComparison

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

The interesting thing to me was the shape of the charge applied, which is determined by the vehicle. All 4 of the vehicles graphed in the referenced piece had very different shapes. Here are all 4 for comparison:
Nxu_ChargingComparison.jpg
Again...the Rivian started at high-30%. Look at my link and click on the kW at Min tab for a similar and more representative graph for the R1T.

Ford Lightning is just an outlier in that you can plug in at just about any SoC and get 10 min of boost to 150-180 kW and then it stays flat around 120 kW to 80%. No one else does it that way.

OP
OP

GA_Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I understand the Rivian started at a high state of charge. I don't understand why the Nxu data shows a much more step-wise charging rate, although it may be due to refinements in the vehicles' charging algorithm; the vehicle they show may not have had the same software that your data does. The interesting thing to me is the Rivian maintains a high charge rate much longer than any of the others -- it doesn't start dropping significantly until about 45% SOC.
Sponsored