Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Can't take that on many OHV trails....
Better invest in A LOT of PPF. Trail rash is gonna be a PITA.
Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Watched the video after work. Key takeaways:

• The UI looks absolutely awful. The combination of buttons and screen didn't look intuitive at all. Very unresponsive as well.
  • So many buttons. The center dash looked like the millennium falcon
  • The ride looked much more jarring off-road than the Rivian. Lots of bouncing and you could see the movement. Rock crawling was far more jerk-y than watching the Rivian.
  • Watts to Freedom is just dumb. Why do you have to go through a process similar to a space shuttle launch just to accelerate at max speed? Rivian: Sport Mode, GAS PEDAL!!! Hummer: get a bill through Congress, write a novel, then mayyyyybe we will let you accelerate.
  • There will be double digit crab walk related accidents before the end of the year if they make any deliveries.

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
Anyone have an idea what the R1x 0-60 is without special prep? I've seen the Plaid, and now the Hummer need that time to prep the batteries, but I'm hoping the Rivian doesn't need that time to get to the advertised 3.0 seconds. If I'm changing vehicles, it needs to be faster than my current daily driver, otherwise I'll just stay where I am.

Sponsored

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
I find the "crab mode" concept to be hilarious, as if having the ability to do short space maneuvering will make any difference in a vehicle that is roughly the size of a Zumwalt Class Destroyer (and slightly less attractive).
The driver wasn't saying it was funny - he was saying it felt "really weird" and "doesn't do what you expect it to do". Which is not a feeling you'd want in a car, right? Unlike Tank Turn, amirighti? ;)

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Saw that the Hummer EV is showing a range of 334 in the Chevy app. With a 200kwh battery pack that is frankly pathetic.
Sponsored