Sponsored

zajak1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Bum
Just downloaded the new OTA 22.23...I've noticed huge improvement in cooling down the T when the interior gets super hot while sitting locked up in the sun...and maintaining the temperature has also improved..Seems like they've adjusted the compressor and fan speeds....THANK YOU RIVN!!!
Sponsored

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
I've noticed that the compressor is louder at startup, but the fan noise drowns it out inside the cabin so it doesn't bother me.

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I would agree. Internal fan seems to be running higher and blowing more cold air than before. Compressor seems to run a bit louder but not objectionable especially considering it is cooling the interior better.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
is it possible they've been able to throttle the ac if you haven't updated yet? my ac is taking longer to get going now but i don't want the insane lawnmower noise from my truck to start

Sponsored

NC-Rivian

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Sales
Just downloaded the new OTA 22.23...I've noticed huge improvement in cooling down the T when the interior gets super hot while sitting locked up in the sun...and maintaining the temperature has also improved..Seems like they've adjusted the compressor and fan speeds....THANK YOU RIVN!!!
Totally agree. I also installed a roof sunshade which coupled with the latest point 23 update make the cabin positively comfortable in the heat of the summer.

OP
OP
zajak1

zajak1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Bum
For sure..You can definitely see roof shade being offered in the next gen R1.10T..hahah

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Are you referring to 2023.22? No idea what 22.23 is unless I'm behind?

Sponsored

OP
OP
zajak1

zajak1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Bum
Maybe a glass roof was not the best idea?? IDK
I prefer the glassā€¦
I never seem to feel uncomfortable once the cabin reaches steady state.
I know others feel differently..

I guess thatā€™s whatā€™s options and accessories are all about but making an auto one way without differentiation is cheaper and quicker

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
Totally agree. I also installed a roof sunshade which coupled with the latest point 23 update make the cabin positively comfortable in the heat of the summer.
Same here. Roof shade combined with the last update has me keeping it at 73/74 even at times and it precools in no time if used. The air itself is colder but blows less hard.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Maybe a glass roof was not the best idea?? IDK
Yes, you don't know, because you don't have a Rivian yet, right? But please, feel free to criticize the vehicle ...

I don't find my R1T to be any worse in the sun (or any better) than any other vehicle I've owned. And pet mode works great if you need it to stay cool inside. All I need or use is just a cheap windshield shade. And yes, that's even in the desert with temperatures close to 100 - while I don't live in those conditions, I've spent several weeks in those conditions in my R1T.

Other cars manage to install large panoramic glass roofs and their AC system doesnā€™t sound like weed eaters at full throttle.
Mine doesn't sound like that. And most don't apparently, because this is only a recent complaint from only a subset of users. Apparently a bad batch of A/C compressors or something of that nature. That's a problem with *your* vehicle, not with Rivians in general.

In fact, with 2023.22.0, it seems to me that Rivian changed to a slow-start on the A/C - mine is actually a lot quieter now when the A/C starts up because it starts the fan at a slow speed and gradually ramps it up. Before, it used to start off with the fan at full speed.

JWreck

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (pre-ordered, Audi RS5 Sportback
Occupation
IT
Yes, you don't know, because you don't have a Rivian yet, right? But please, feel free to criticize the vehicle ...

I don't find my R1T to be any worse in the sun (or any better) than any other vehicle I've owned. And pet mode works great if you need it to stay cool inside. All I need or use is just a cheap windshield shade. And yes, that's even in the desert with temperatures close to 100 - while I don't live in those conditions, I've spent several weeks in those conditions in my R1T.

Mine doesn't sound like that. And most don't apparently, because this is only a recent complaint from only a subset of users. Apparently a bad batch of A/C compressors or something of that nature. That's a problem with *your* vehicle, not with Rivians in general.
I agree with your first statement - my point was that others do it and I donā€™t think any issues with Rivian is necessarily caused by the pano roof.

On the second point, I think thereā€™s enough anecdotal evidence to raise an eyebrow, but certainly not enough data to say itā€™s a widespread problem. I think the general consensus is that it IS a problem - they should not sound like that. Whether itā€™s 2 cars or 2000.

Regardless, here in Texas, if I were to park my car outside it would be 130 degrees inside whether it had a pano or solid roof. šŸ˜‚
Sponsored