First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
to be fair, it’s still FAR more efficient than any ICE vehicle that it can be compared to. 53 mpge isn’t exactly bad.

Now, only if it fit in parking spots / garages….
I usually got 1.6 - 1.7 kilowatts per mile on my Hummer EV truck. Wasn't that bad. Honestly good on the Hummer was what I get on the Rivian at times if its cooling from a hot parking lot or at high speeds as well. Maybe .3-.1kw better on Rivian usually. I know the Hummer rated for 329 miles, but I usually could get 365 or so out of it.
Sponsored

Zybane

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor 37
Occupation
Military Pilot
I usually got 1.6 - 1.7 kilowatts per mile on my Hummer EV truck. Wasn't that bad. Honestly good on the Hummer was what I get on the Rivian at times if its cooling from a hot parking lot or at high speeds as well. Maybe .3-.1kw better on Rivian usually. I know the Hummer rated for 329 miles, but I usually could get 365 or so out of it.
I think you meant you got 1.6 to 1.7 miles per kWh, yes?

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
I think you meant you got 1.6 to 1.7 miles per kWh, yes?
oops yeah. it seemed decent usually. there were times in the very cold winter weeks got more like 1.1 to 1.3 for a bit, then improved.

If GMC would have made the Hummer EV just like it is, but with a much quieter ride, insulated better, and high quality interior similar to Rivian - would have kept it in a heartbeat. Still a great vehicle though for those that get one.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I don’t get it. It has the same appeal to me as the Cybertruck, and I don’t mean that as a compliment.

The R1T was already slightly larger than I wanted in a vehicle.

And my memories of using real HMMWV don’t make me want it more. Those things are piles of crap that do little more than look good in pictures.
They do look so good in Photos though. ;)

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

I've seen one tooling around Tysons Corner (super snooty area of Northern Virginia). That thing is *massive*. Too big for me, but you do you, LOL. 😆

logan

First Name
logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I've seen one tooling around Tysons Corner (super snooty area of Northern Virginia). That thing is *massive*. Too big for me, but you do you, LOL. 😆
The funny thing is that the hummer is actually smaller than the rivian r1t in all dimensions other than width. I can, for example, fit the hummer in my garage just fine but the rivian especially with the antenna is too tall and too long. (Edit: I mean the original hummer/hmmwv. You probably mean the new hummer EV.)
Sponsored

Last edited: