Sponsored

I submitted a feature request to add a clock to the driver's dash

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
It is unusable and dangerous, from my perspective. I can't read it, while driving (and wearing my driving glasses and/or sunglasses) without leaning over to get closer to it. There are things I want to see on a regular basis while I am driving. The clock is one of them. The mileage remaining is another (it is closer, but still too small). There's stuff much nearer that I don't ever need while driving (e.g. gear guard icon). YMMV (and your eyes may be better - I am happy for you).
How do you read street signs?
Sponsored

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
It is unusable and dangerous, from my perspective. I can't read it, while driving (and wearing my driving glasses and/or sunglasses) without leaning over to get closer to it. There are things I want to see on a regular basis while I am driving. The clock is one of them. The mileage remaining is another (it is closer, but still too small). There's stuff much nearer that I don't ever need while driving (e.g. gear guard icon). YMMV (and your eyes may be better - I am happy for you).
It's scary you're on the road if you can't read the screen inside the vehicle.

Rickmc

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Vacation Rentals
and how about removing that flashing radio station banner under the left side map? It does a great job of showing up and blocking directions anytime you are using map navigation so you have to then turn your head and find the info on the large center screen. I turned off HD radio with no effect.

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

How do you read street signs?
Perhaps you have perfect eyes, and are (as yet) unacquainted with the joys of hyperopia. As I stated, I wear my driving glasses, which are distance-focused. Text in little tiny fonts on the screens are somewhat problematic, or useless.
As someone else mentioned - do they even have a Human Factors Engineer on the team, or just a bunch of 20-somethings writing code.

Last edited:

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

It's scary you're on the road if you can't read the screen inside the vehicle.
I recommend that you stay as far away as possible - east of Georgia should keep you safe.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Perhaps you have perfect eyes, and are (as yet) unacquainted with the joys of hyperopia. As I stated, I wear my driving glasses, which are distance-focused. Text in little tiny fonts on the screens are somewhat problematic, or useless.
As someone else mentioned - do they even have a Human Factors Engineer on the team, or just a bunch of 20-somethings writing code.
Just ask Alexa what time it is, I guess.

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

Just ask Alexa what time it is, I guess.
Might be worth a shot. I'm not really used to using Alexa for much - my spouse does not like having Amazon or Google listening in, so we don't have any of those devices/services at home.
I'd like it much better if RJ was to have some people focus on (intelligently) reallocating space, and repositioning a few things on the screens. I'm not the only one who feels this way - I wasn't the OP.

spurcap

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Clubs

If they humor you also have them add music info, temp, compass, and the trip computer!!
I like the idea of having a 'stats' screen in the left... could stroll it between current maps/efficiency/tire pressure and let driver customize what data to display - trip odo, odo, temp outside, temp cabin, heading, altitude, bat mile est, bat soc%, miles to destination, destination ETA, time, speed, current ride height, drive mode could all be in the mix. Select up to X to put on screen from settings in center display.

OP
OP
AngryOxidant

AngryOxidant

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I canā€™t believe an adventure vehicle by a company whose logo is a compass doesnā€™t include an actual compass

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I canā€™t believe an adventure vehicle by a company whose logo is a compass doesnā€™t include an actual compass
But it does. Top right of nav screen.

Rivian R1T R1S I submitted a feature request to add a clock to the driver's dash 1686618800288

OP
OP
AngryOxidant

AngryOxidant

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Ahahahahah. Thatā€™s great!! Thanks for showing me.

Oaktreeshade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I would love to see a clock on the display in front of the drivers wheel. It would be great to see that addition in an update. I didn't realize how much I check the clock on the way to work. Rivian is good about incorporating our feedback, and hopefully this will find its way into an update too.

Mongcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Highlander SE
Occupation
Retired
I would love to see a clock on the display in front of the drivers wheel. It would be great to see that addition in an update. I didn't realize how much I check the clock on the way to work. Rivian is good about incorporating our feedback, and hopefully this will find its way into an update too.
Hear, Hear! Rivian forgets that a lot of potential buyers are older folks who would really appreciate having both the clock and the temperature in LARGER FONT and on the display in front of the wheel.!

YouKnowWhatsUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜24 R1T Limestone
Clubs

I think maybe you need an eye exam and a new set of glasses. If I couldnā€™t see the clock Iā€™d go see an optometrist. Not an insult to you. Just thinking maybe you need an updated lens. My mother wonā€™t get a new car cause she would need her reading glasses for the screens and driving glasses for the road.
Sponsored