Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

woah, thats a lot of index cards, but the finished product looks good. nice work.

ps. i think it might ahve been a bit easier if you bought larger card stock paper so you wouldnt have to insert so many individually?
Sponsored

OP
OP

ksujeff99

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Financial Services
woah, thats a lot of index cards, but the finished product looks good. nice work.

ps. i think it might ahve been a bit easier if you bought larger card stock paper so you wouldnt have to insert so many individually?
Thanks.

The advantage of the small, individual index cards (besides being cheap and easy to find) is that they fall down over the tire to give you a wider area to spray - so you can hit the wheel from all angles. Large paper (I also tried 5x7 cards) didn’t work as well. It looks like a lot of work to put them in place but takes like 30 seconds per wheel.

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
Looks nice!

BCal55

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Looks good! Can you install the aero covers after applying HyperDip or will it ruin the finish?

OP
OP

ksujeff99

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Financial Services
Looks good! Can you install the aero covers after applying HyperDip or will it ruin the finish?
It’s a relatively thick coat so I assume the resulting tighter fit of the aero covers would ruin the finish.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I am deciding whether or not to power coat my 21" wheels. Until then I used Dip Your Car's Hyperdip.

I used Anthracite Gray, about a can for each wheel. I was rotating my tires at the same time so it was easy to spray them on the ground using index cards to stop overspray on the tires. The finish is really nice - a nice improvement over the Plastidip I've used before. I think it was more forgiving in application too.

On interesting thing I've noticed is that my efficiency seems to have decreased slightly after doing this. It's possible the slightly rubbery finish on the wheels causes enough drag to show up on the efficiency meter. Time will tell. This may all be coincidental though. Temperatures are dropping, but even on recent 70Âş days (with A/C & heat turned off) I feel like I'm seeing a difference.

IMG_5369.jpeg

IMG_5370.jpeg

IMG_5371.jpeg

IMG_5351.jpeg
What range estimate/ efficiency are you getting on your 21s?

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
Looks good, but would have looked better with glossifier over it. Or one of the new Dip wheel finishes that has the gloss built in.