Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Team Yellow will support you.
Heck yeah we will! Welcome!

(Is 1 of 5 being generous? Are there four other takers out there?)
We may be up to 6!!

On a side note: seeing this thread title and reading these posts made my week. Y’all brought the sunshine today!
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I'm gonna have to hope amazing, because I've got it included for now!
I like the looks of that combo, but the yellow seems like it would be brighter than daylight itself, once the Sun starts to come up. Also, I'd think it would show dust and dirt much more than the dark gray version. I like the darker interior, but many folks will like that early morning bright light.

I can always turn on a light if I need it, but it's tougher to make it darker, when wanted.

CabinCrusher

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Project Manager
My first car was my parents 1978 Pontiac Grand Le Mans Safari station wagon - the one with the exterior wood decal, in 'Seafoam Green' inside and out.

:confused:
whoa, whoa, whoa, decal you say?!?

on a side note, I have a JLUR in Mojito, my wife was mortified at first but now she LOVES it!

Be Bold!! ?

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

Compass Yellow/FE R1S here. Most of the Compass Yellow/FE configs I have seen are R1T, but a very select few are R1S. I think the biggest hurdle is that it is a $4500 color combo, even more if you were upgrading from the Explore since FE is only available on the Adventure. We’ll be evaluating our budget again when we have to confirm our order; the Explore meets or exceeds all our criteria in the EV SUV space, the rest of our current configuration is want-to-haves. I’m not expecting to see the exact combo before placing our order, we’ll hopefully see colors and interiors on separate vehicles and then use our imagination.

Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
You do you. Yellow over green.

Decades from now when your '1 of ~5' '22 R1S is rolling across the Mecum block it will be considered a collector. I'm sure.

(Is 1 of 5 being generous? Are there four other takers out there?)
Dennis Collins daughter Kelsey and her offspring will be raving about having the only R1S left in that color combination as they pull it out of a barn :like:...

HightiseATX

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired
I'm on team yellow with OC interior and black out 20s. I like the full bumble bee look, but just like a lighter interior. I guess I'm #7. Problem is two in central Texas. I currently drive an "Inferno" Tacoma. I'm used to everyone knowing whose vehicle that is....

OP
OP
koersontap

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
I like the looks of that combo, but the yellow seems like it would be brighter than daylight itself, once the Sun starts to come up. Also, I'd think it would show dust and dirt much more than the dark gray version. I like the darker interior, but many folks will like that early morning bright light.

I can always turn on a light if I need it, but it's tougher to make it darker, when wanted.
Yeah, I'm honestly not so sure I'll keep it anyway. After reading up more, I feel like the cons of a RTT will outweigh the pros, at least for me, and that for the price there may be better ones out there.

That said, if I do keep it, it'll be for my 3 girls, who 1000% would find the tent the best feature of the R1S, regardless of color choice.

OP
OP
koersontap

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
Compass Yellow/FE R1S here. Most of the Compass Yellow/FE configs I have seen are R1T, but a very select few are R1S. I think the biggest hurdle is that it is a $4500 color combo, even more if you were upgrading from the Explore since FE is only available on the Adventure. We’ll be evaluating our budget again when we have to confirm our order; the Explore meets or exceeds all our criteria in the EV SUV space, the rest of our current configuration is want-to-haves. I’m not expecting to see the exact combo before placing our order, we’ll hopefully see colors and interiors on separate vehicles and then use our imagination.
Yeah, I'm already in for $3500 for the FG/FE combo. But I think the Yellow/green is something I would 100% have to see in person before going with that. It'll be a fine line between looking amazing together or clashing, and I wouldn't trust a monitor to show me how close it is to that line.

GOLFISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Ridgline, Subaru Outback, Odyssey, Prius
I feel like I'm trying to pick a favorite child, here! I have *always* wanted a green vehicle, and love even more the idea of a green adventure vehicle. I'm so excited for my FG R1S. Even more in love with the Forest Edge interior!! I'm not sure I've seen a green option for an interior on any car before, and the green/brown colors, and wood choice, are just our of this world. That alone was almost what sold me on Rivian.

But.......

That Yellow! I can't stop thinking how fun it'd be to drive that glorious banana down the road, or off. It just screams "I'm ready to party". It's almost got me thinking of changing to yellow. But I can't decide where to go from there. I will never own another black interior. I'd love to still stick with the Forest Edge, to still keep some of my coveted green. But I don't see a scenario where those beautiful colors don't seem a bit garish paired together. Which leaves me with Ocean Coast. Which I'm not sure I'm sold on.

Man, I hate that they have delivered such exceptional choices that I almost feel compelled to get 2, just so I can have the colors I want!!
Get the interior and exterior colors you like best.
How many cars have you walked by and said "that interior doesn't match?"
My car is severely hail damaged. When I am inside. I can't see any damage.
Enjoy the green when you are inside the vehicle and the yellow when you are looking out your front window or looking for it in a parking lot.
Green and yellow are my choices.
I am still not sure the yellow is yellow enough for me:(

GOLFISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Ridgline, Subaru Outback, Odyssey, Prius
Yeah, I'm already in for $3500 for the FG/FE combo. But I think the Yellow/green is something I would 100% have to see in person before going with that. It'll be a fine line between looking amazing together or clashing, and I wouldn't trust a monitor to show me how close it is to that line.
Get the interior and exterior colors you like best.
How many cars have you walked by and said "that interior doesn't match?"
Sponsored