Help with Yellow

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
I feel like I'm trying to pick a favorite child, here! I have *always* wanted a green vehicle, and love even more the idea of a green adventure vehicle. I'm so excited for my FG R1S. Even more in love with the Forest Edge interior!! I'm not sure I've seen a green option for an interior on any car before, and the green/brown colors, and wood choice, are just our of this world. That alone was almost what sold me on Rivian.

But.......

That Yellow! I can't stop thinking how fun it'd be to drive that glorious banana down the road, or off. It just screams "I'm ready to party". It's almost got me thinking of changing to yellow. But I can't decide where to go from there. I will never own another black interior. I'd love to still stick with the Forest Edge, to still keep some of my coveted green. But I don't see a scenario where those beautiful colors don't seem a bit garish paired together. Which leaves me with Ocean Coast. Which I'm not sure I'm sold on.

Man, I hate that they have delivered such exceptional choices that I almost feel compelled to get 2, just so I can have the colors I want!!
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
The only answer is to see them in person.

I think yellow on forest edge would be a bit much, though.

Beanejar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - CY/OC
Iā€™m a fan of the yellow R1S with OC interiorā€¦

My perspective isā€¦ we ordered the LR Disco Sport in the orange with the light interior when first able ~5 years ago. Weā€™ve been a white car, every conceivable shade of silver/gray car family, except for when we really went out of a limb with the blue truck that one timeā€¦ and a green truck once. Doing the orange was a giant leap and felt some anxiety regarding the choice, no doubt. Dealership was sure we were insane. Upon arrival - it _was_ differentā€¦ and it was great!

It is a head-turner, and as a trauma surgeon - I love knowing that people see my car...theyā€™re more likely not to hit me if they see me. Out and aboutā€¦ the valet always leaves it up front with the ā€˜niceā€™ cars at a hotel/restaurant/event. Love seeing it next to the Aston Martin/Urus crowdā€¦.and pretty convenient that itā€™s immediately available. Itā€™s a disco sportā€¦itā€™s nice, but not _that_ worthyā€¦itā€™s the different color that makes it stand out and many people seem to love that.. I get comments frequently how someone wishes ā€™they were that brave.ā€™ I assure them anyone can be brave.

I think the Rivians will stand out initially, but as more are visible, it will be the color that remains a strong impression. I think itā€™s great they made bold options available for us. Iā€™m thinking it will likely make more people stop, look and talk about the brand, conceptā€¦and EVā€™sā€¦thatā€™s only good for all of us.

Team Yellow will support you. :)

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
"But I don't see a scenario where those beautiful colors don't seem a bit garish paired together..."

...'a bit garish' understates that catastrophe...a bit.:CWL:

My first car was my parents 1978 Pontiac Grand Le Mans Safari station wagon - the one with the exterior wood decal, in 'Seafoam Green' inside and out.

My second was a 1974 VW bug in California yellow with black interior.

(Which was more popular ya think?)

For disturbing reasons I cannot understand my current Defender is a color close to seafoam green. My Rivian order is currently Launch Green.

:confused:

barsaec

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, RAM EcoDiesel, Range Rover Classic
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I changed my color from LE to Yellow once I saw the color. I had the LE with option Forest interior. Upon switching to Yellow, the dark interior goes so well with it. Being in Texas, I know it will be hotter. Outside will have the dark off road wheels. So bring on the bumblebee!

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
"But I don't see a scenario where those beautiful colors don't seem a bit garish paired together..."

...'a bit garish' understates that catastrophe...a bit.:CWL:

My first car was my parents 1978 Pontiac Grand Le Mans Safari station wagon - the one with the exterior wood decal, in 'Seafoam Green' inside and out.

My second was a 1974 VW bug in California yellow with black interior.

(Which was more popular ya think?)

For disturbing reasons I cannot understand my current Defender is a color close to seafoam green. My Rivian order is currently Launch Green.

:confused:
It is an actual real crime that LR doesnā€™t do the new defender in a real green. But Iā€™m biased as I have an old defender, which is Coniston green II

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
"It is an actual real crime that LR doesnā€™t do the new defender in a real green. But Iā€™m biased as I have an old defender, which is Coniston green II"

I figured the current Pangea Green is supposed to be evocative of the classic Grasmere Green of my grandfather's era series rover.

Ronaldinho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 Trans Am, 76 CB750, PDM Max R1T
Clubs

That Yellow! I can't stop thinking how fun it'd be to drive that glorious banana down the road, or off. It just screams "I'm ready to party". It's almost got me thinking of changing to yellow. But I can't decide where to go from there. I will never own another black interior. I'd love to still stick with the Forest Edge, to still keep some of my coveted green. But I don't see a scenario where those beautiful colors don't seem a bit garish paired together. Which leaves me with Ocean Coast. Which I'm not sure I'm sold on.
You do you. Yellow over green.

Decades from now when your '1 of ~5' '22 R1S is rolling across the Mecum block it will be considered a collector. I'm sure.

(Is 1 of 5 being generous? Are there four other takers out there?)

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
You do you. Yellow over green.

Decades from now when your '1 of ~5' '22 R1S is rolling across the Mecum block it will be considered a collector. I'm sure.

(Is 1 of 5 being generous? Are there four other takers out there?)
We've been conditioned to see yellow only on sports cars and beetles, and I think that's part of the problem. I'd take a yellow R1S for a "f it, why not" vibe. Even in the minimal pictures we've seen it looks really good, and yellow is a happy color. But not for $2.5k extra!

OP
OP
koersontap

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
We've been conditioned to see yellow only on sports cars and beetles, and I think that's part of the problem. I'd take a yellow R1S for a "f it, why not" vibe. Even in the minimal pictures we've seen it looks really good, and yellow is a happy color. But not for $2.5k extra!
I don't know, I see it and get serious FJ Cruiser vibes. Or even Hummer, yellow wasn't an uncommon color for those. Heck the Urus I mostly see as yellow! ? Way different vibe there though.

And I'm already on the hook for a boatload of money. $1.5k for FG vs $2.5k for Yellow, I'm not gonna split hairs there.

Sponsored

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I have yellow+BM configured but I don't think I could commit to it without seeing one in person since it's such a bold choice, so my plan is to either see one in person if I can, or switch to a safer pick if Rivian doesn't bring any yellow machines out my way. You could to the same.

Right now I'm leaning red+OC as my safer pick but blue+OC is a contender too, as is FG+FE.

My one hesitation with FG+FE though is that the configuration renders appear to clash a bit (one interior shot shows the two colors side-by-side). FG appears fairly bright whereas FE is muted and muddy to go with the wood. That's a combo I'd love to see in person before selecting it too.

Rivian R1T R1S Help with Yellow Screenshot from 2021-08-27 15-11-26

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I don't know, I see it and get serious FJ Cruiser vibes. Or even Hummer, yellow wasn't an uncommon color for those. Heck the Urus I mostly see as yellow! ? Way different vibe there though.

And I'm already on the hook for a boatload of money. $1.5k for FG vs $2.5k for Yellow, I'm not gonna split hairs there.
Hah you're right, forgot about those SUVs - the Urus gets a veto, because it is a supercar still :D. But yea, there is a fun/adventure angle to the FJ Cruiser at least.

If cost is not an issue, then go all in with yellow, and throw in some dark rims to round off some really nice contrast along with the black roof!

OP
OP
koersontap

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
I have yellow+BM configured but I don't think I could commit to it without seeing one in person since it's such a bold choice, so my plan is to either see one in person if I can, or switch to a safer pick if Rivian doesn't bring any yellow machines out my way. You could to the same.

Right now I'm leaning red+OC as my safer pick but blue+OC is a contender too, as is FG+FE.

My one hesitation with FG+FE though is that the configuration renders appear to clash a bit (one interior shot shows the two colors side-by-side). FG appears fairly bright whereas FE is muted and muddy to go with the wood. That's a combo I'd love to see in person before selecting it too.

Screenshot from 2021-08-27 15-11-26.png
I'm not that worried about the two greens clashing. IMO, bring on the forest hues!
Sponsored