Sponsored

Has Anyone Received their Rivian Tesla Super Charger Adaptor?

Yellow R1T

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Cost Engineering
Rivian said it would email owners in early April with more information. They also said they will confirm your mailing address before shipping anything.

This is at least the 2nd person in the last week who has thought, "Gee, I guess nobody's excited about getting the adapter, people have gotten the adapter, and LITERALLY NOBODY has said anything in this forum about getting the adapter. I guess I'll ask, just in case."

There's an active 3-page thread about someone's 3d printed hitch receiver storage box. You don't think there will be a MASSIVE thread about people starting to get their NACS-CCS adapters?!

I am waiting for adapter like others but I did try a Tesla magic dock yesterday in Ann Arbor, MI. Worked perfectly. When plugged into R1T, started up in about 10 seconds, good amps, stopped at the 70% setting in the R1T, showed all the details in the vehicle and sent me email with all the charging details. Very easy and efficient experience. You should all be pleased. Only issue is almost all Tesla chargers need an adapter. Luckily I am right near one that has the adapter in the Charger.
Sponsored

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
Where is my email about "adapter on the way?"

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
April 1 so seems like an opportune time to bump this up.
Why? I'm pretty confident the second anybody receives an email from Rivian about the adapter, there will be a new thread with the email and any instructions on how to request an adapter. Rivian has very clearly said you will have to "express interest in" getting an adapter before they'll ship one to you.

More direct: No. Nobody has received an adapter, and you can reasonably assume that when someone does, they'll start a new thread about it. That thread will blow up very quickly and end up being pages long, so it will be hard to miss.

Sponsored

Jumacao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T PDM MP CY, Tesla Model Y, Energica Eva
Occupation
Legal
I actually read somewhere that Rivian and Tesla's deal fell through, and they're now limiting access to Superchargers with magic docks only. So unfortunately it looks like maybe we won't be getting adapters after all.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I actually read somewhere that Rivian and Tesla's deal fell through, and they're now limiting access to Superchargers with magic docks only. So unfortunately it looks like maybe we won't be getting adapters after all.
I assume this is an April Fool's joke. I hate this day. It's stupid.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Wow. I hate being THAT guy, but the rash of new threads on this topic is really incredible.
No one uses the search function anymore. Someone posted a new thread about 21” tire options like it’s 2021 lol.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
No one uses the search function anymore. Someone posted a new thread about 21” tire options like it’s 2021 lol.
I agree. Although the search function is not great. There are times I know for a fact there was a thread started about something but cannot find it even when I remember part of the title. So I don't necessarily blame them.

I do get annoyed when people clearly start a thread about something that has an entire section in the owners guide... 😒

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition; MotoGuzzi V7II
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

I received my adapter!

Not really.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I agree. Although the search function is not great. There are times I know for a fact there was a thread started about something but cannot find it even when I remember part of the title. So I don't necessarily blame them.

I do get annoyed when people clearly start a thread about something that has an entire section in the owners guide... 😒
This one is a really easy one though. It's not some obscure niche issue. It's an issue that EVERYONE will post about as soon as we start getting the adapters.