Budman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV
Clubs

I'm sure many have already made a chart like this but in case you haven't here is a useful chart to have on hand. It quickly shows how far you can go using X% of your battery capacity for different levels of efficiency.

For example, if you are at 90% SOC and willing to go down to 10% SOC on a trip you will be consuming 80% of the total battery capacity. If you efficiency is 2.4 mi/kWh you can go 240 miles. Alternately, say you want to add 100 miles of range and your efficiency has been 2.4 mi/kWh you would need to add about 33% to the battery state of charge.

This chart assumes the usable battery capacity is 125 kWh.
Rivian R1T R1S Handy Range Chart Rivian R1T Range Chart
Sponsored

Rfan

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Blue, OC
Occupation
Education/Technology
Clubs

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Jhawk

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Highlander, Tundra
Occupation
Marketing
I'm sure many have already made a chart like this but in case you haven't here is a useful chart to have on hand. It quickly shows how far you can go using X% of your battery capacity for different levels of efficiency.

For example, if you are at 90% SOC and willing to go down to 10% SOC on a trip you will be consuming 80% of the total battery capacity. If you efficiency is 2.4 mi/kWh you can go 240 miles. Alternately, say you want to add 100 miles of range and your efficiency has been 2.4 mi/kWh you would need to add about 33% to the battery state of charge.

This chart assumes the usable battery capacity is 125 kWh.
Rivian R1T Range Chart.jpg
This is excellent info and I really appreciate you sharing. My experience with our Tesla had me assuming the large pack would struggle to make 200mi on tougher condition days and this confirms it. I’m still leaning to taking a large pack for now with the reservation protected pricing and trading up to something with 400+mi rated range when options become more widely available. Right now those options seem like the ever elusive cold fusion….
Sponsored