First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Pilot
Looking at the adapter there is some high spots inside the plug along the molding line, so good idea on using sand paper ..... Ill update when I try it again. Thanks!
Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
Looking at the adapter there is some high spots inside the plug along the molding line, so good idea on using sand paper ..... Ill update when I try it again. Thanks!
Given the recent chaos around Lectron adaptors not properly retaining the plug, I would absolutely not recommend modifying the size of any components on your adaptor 😅 no grease, no lube, no sandpaper. Just be patient and the fit will improve over time. If you make the press fit too loose, you're creating a very dangerous situation every time you use the adaptor.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Did you see the new State of Charge video. Apparently on the lectron you are supposed to insert the adapter in the car and then insert the Tesla plug. Remove the Tesla plug first and then remove the adapter.

Sponsored

archiboy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
architect
Rivian is suppose to be sending them out as per time of ownership. Where are they on the list because I checked with Rivian and they said a 3rd party was sending them out so they had no way f knowing how far they are up the list
I am VIN 13XX. Day one reservation, I've responded immediately to both the announcement and shipping confirmation emails from Rivian. I'm still waiting. My guess is the first batch of 1,000 have gone out. I think the Elon temper tantrum to let the entire supercharging team go has impacted this process. But that's 100% speculation.

Duckman

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla MY, Subaru Outback
Occupation
Retired
There is a brand new Tesla Supercharger in Blaine WA. It has the new style chargers. More centered on the parking slot and longer cable. Tryed it yesterday. super fast (and expensive).
Rivian R1T R1S Had to try my new NACS adapter at a Tesla Supercharger IMG_1719

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Once you've used your A2Z a few times, grease is really not necessary. One benefit of the 3D printed adapter cap, from @Sojhinn, when you give it a solid slap/knock it doesn't hurt your hand as much—because you're hitting your hand against a larger surface area. Leave cap on, insert Supercharger plug, give the cap a good pop with your palm or fist to make sure the plug is seated, engage slide lock, remove cap and proceed with charging.

Last edited:

rchartson

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Lucid Air GT
Occupation
Retired MD
Clubs

I agree--I ground the retention clip down a bit and it works fine...seems to retain the Tesla plug just fine when I tested it....hopefully the Rivian version wont have this issue but for now this will do....
Sponsored