Had opportunity to get a Limestone R1S

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
From what I can tell (and this is just gut based off of current and previous guides compared to what I have read here of others), Guides have various levels of proactiveness.
My guide is usually very, very responsive and checked with his contacts about this. I think you were offered something very unusual; I wonder if someone randomly backed out at delivery or something and they just wanted to get the truck off their list.
Sponsored

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
What's a guide? /s

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I spoke with my guide and she mentioned that the reservation date is much more important for the R1S launch. She also mentioned that she has been pretty busy with R1S customers!

I told her I would take that R1S in San Diego. :) It doesn't hurt to ask. All she could say was NO, which is exactly what she did.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
I spoke with my guide and she mentioned that the reservation date is much more important for the R1S launch. She also mentioned that she has been pretty busy with R1S customers!

I told her I would take that R1S in San Diego. :) It doesn't hurt to ask. All she could say was NO, which is exactly what she did.
I hope you're right, eventually. This has not been the case for me as I ordered on day one.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I hope you're right, eventually. This has not been the case for me as I ordered on day one.
It does seem like the R1S people saying they have been contacted are very early pre-orders so far. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Sponsored

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

My guide is usually very, very responsive and checked with his contacts about this. I think you were offered something very unusual; I wonder if someone randomly backed out at delivery or something and they just wanted to get the truck off their list.
Various levels of knowledge and most likely various levels of access to inventory.
We’ll all get our turn.

TXRIV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Technology Sales
I was also offered the limestone, Black Mountain R1S with the 22 inch wheels and I’m taking it. I was very early reservation holder for a T and an S. I received my R1T back in April and was in the queue to receive my S in the October December timeframe. I asked my guide why did this one come up out of nowhere and was told that there were employee orders that were placed who are now not completing the purchase and they’re making these for sale in limited cases. Now I’m gonna have a unique problem that not many people have in that I’ve got two Rivian‘s and don’t necessarily need both of them. One is for me one is for my wife, but excited to finally see this the S in person.

R1TFTW

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I was also offered the limestone, Black Mountain R1S with the 22 inch wheels and I’m taking it. I was very early reservation holder for a T and an S. I received my R1T back in April and was in the queue to receive my S in the October December timeframe. I asked my guide why did this one come up out of nowhere and was told that there were employee orders that were placed who are now not completing the purchase and they’re making these for sale in limited cases. Now I’m gonna have a unique problem that not many people have in that I’ve got two Rivian‘s and don’t necessarily need both of them. One is for me one is for my wife, but excited to finally see this the S in person.
Unfortunately I am slow sometimes and didn't get the bright idea to order the R1S like 11 months after my R1T reservation. This was like Janurary of 2022. Hoping to get it around the 8-12 of 2023. Luck was somewhat on my side with the R1T. Maybe I can hit the lottery again on the R1S

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
Did essentially the same as OP. Had a VIN on an R1S with BM interior. I've always wanted the OC so when the news hit the NEXT DAY that shipments were starting, I called my guide to switch.

Someone in the Seattle area is going to get lucky - I was told the LG R1S was on a rail car headed to Bellevue.

Hopefully OC isn't too far behind. Otherwise, maybe the bonehead move of the year (or 4 years actually) :)

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Amazing self control. Don’t settle, OC will be worth the wait!

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I am glad Rivian have learnt from the R1T rollout and are now following reservation date better. No need for influencers to get highly preferential treatment anymore.
Sponsored