Guide offered me alternate R1S today

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S Launch Edition
Did anyone without the shield have an August/September date?
There were a handful of alternates my guide proposed without the shield - my current config minus shield minus spare tire was one. So they are making them for sure.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
There were a handful of alternates my guide proposed without the shield - my current config minus shield minus spare tire was one. So they are making them for sure.
Stay strong 💪

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicles
Tesla 3P / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
Curious did they all have the under body shield?

I think I saw one person get a vin without it but seems like not Having the shield is a delay.

Did anyone without the shield have an August/September date?
Me...

rapPayne

First Name
Rap
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rap
Vehicles
Not a Rivian (yet)
He also confirmed that the Dallas service center is open which bodes well for me and delivery.
Where's the Dallas service center?!? I'm on the other side of the Metroplex, in Garland.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo XC60
Where's the Dallas service center?!? I'm on the other side of the Metroplex, in Garland.
On Hawes Ave at Maple, near Love Field.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bimmer wagon
Occupation
tech shithead
Couldn't they just ship a spare later if that were an issue for you? Seems odd to have that be an issue - it's just a separate object. Though I do get that they want to get everything out the door before the quarter ends so may be unwilling to do anything to slow that down.

CD4Complex

First Name
Quenton
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Quenton
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Yes, I agree that assigning a guide simply means that you are in a queue. The option to change configuration almost certainly means that the batches have been decided. This was the case for my R1T and in the end I said “whichever configuration comes first” to the guide which meant 2 months (July 2022 from a May 2021 preorder). Lucky I like red…

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Couldn't they just ship a spare later if that were an issue for you? Seems odd to have that be an issue - it's just a separate object. Though I do get that they want to get everything out the door before the quarter ends so may be unwilling to do anything to slow that down.
My guide said that the spare tires are considered 'part of your configuration' and not an accessory that can be removed or added in. So If I had selected a configuration that was already built without a spare, I would have to buy a new spare from the gear shop, conceivably at current pricing, and with no way to know when it would actually be available.

Edit: for me personally it wasn't really a dealbreaker anyway. I would have taken one without a spare if the other portions of the config aligned with what I wanted. The underbody shield and (surprisingly) 20" brights were non-negotiable for me. I was flexible on exterior colors to some degree too.

Last edited:

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lance
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Optometrist
Glad to hear that on FE. I told my guide today that I plan to wait for my config. It’s been 3+yrs, so what‘s a few more weeks. At least I hope that’s all it will be.

I'm in Dallas area too. my non LE adventure has been pushed to 1h2023. I wouldn't mind that configuration that your guide is offering. Aug 2019 pre ordered.

OP
OP

FTWRS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser
Occupation
Consulting
I'm in Dallas area too. my non LE adventure has been pushed to 1h2023. I wouldn't mind that configuration that your guide is offering. Aug 2019 pre ordered.
Curious...Have you been by the Dallas service center? Wondering if they have an inventory to look at?

Bbernardo

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicles
08 Tacoma / 08 H3
Another Dallas R1S preorder (5/21) just waiting for updates (H1 2023) and living vicariously through those that are taking delivery. I'm not expecting access to R1 shop or hoping to bump myself up the queue with configuration changes. Just happy to see more in the area.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lance
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Optometrist
Curious...Have you been by the Dallas service center? Wondering if they have an inventory to look at?
I have not, but someone on facebook group r1s posted a pic of LE glacier white a few days ago at the dallas SC.

rivian.jpg