First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The downtube on my DH bike is absolutely mangled from doing this, despite pad use by its first owner.
that's interesting. Didn't expect the bike to take damage from that.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
that's interesting. Didn't expect the bike to take damage from that.
It's just cosmetic really. aluminiun frame. and i think their "tailgate pad" was probably a not all the way across chunk of carpet :D. Several years of Vancouver North Shore shuttling takes its toll no matter what. I got a pretty good deal.

I'd be hestant to transport a crabon bike that way, generally though.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
It's just cosmetic really. aluminiun frame. and i think their "tailgate pad" was probably a not all the way across chunk of carpet :D. Several years of Vancouver North Shore shuttling takes its toll no matter what. I got a pretty good deal.

I'd be hestant to transport a crabon bike that way, generally though.
yeah, I'm definitely irrationally paranoid about protecting our carbon frames.

Sponsored

dmnyc

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
I was in the same position and ultimately decided to switch to Launch Green. It satisfies my desire for a green vehicle while saving $1500. Another consideration is Launch Green is a limited edition color that won't be available to purchase later. Forest Green should remain available into the future so I could always pick it next time. Launch Green also looks like it'll hide dirt better.
Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking, along with the black interior as it’s probably the easiest to keep clean.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
The downtube on my DH bike is absolutely mangled from doing this, despite pad use by its first owner.
You definately wouldn't want to transport a carbon frame that way.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You definately wouldn't want to transport a carbon frame that way.
People do it all the time, i cringe whenever I see it.

No crabon here, but for the fork on my road bike!

hola29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Is it just me or does all their pant look flat? I look at Range/Land Rovers or BMW paint (in person of course) and it often has some depth. I know Rivian mentioned most of their paint is metallic but I don't really see it...maybe in person.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Is it just me or does all their pant look flat? I look at Range/Land Rovers or BMW paint (in person of course) and it often has some depth. I know Rivian mentioned most of their paint is metallic but I don't really see it...maybe in person.
Welcomecto the world of colour flop. Gotta see it in person.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
All of their paint except white has some metal flake, but it can still look flat from a distance. I thought Rivian Blue was flat, but then I noticed the flake up close; I'm guessing it will be the same with LG, RC, CY. El Cap is the only one that I know has a lot of flake in it.

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
someone got more LG pics from a guide from the launch event w/ different lighting/camera :facepalm:

Rivian R1T R1S Great look @ Launch Green Rivian R1T outdoors / in sunlight 8bcvo0j45sh71

Rivian R1T R1S Great look @ Launch Green Rivian R1T outdoors / in sunlight w46vv8m45sh71

hola29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Yeah, looks much better...I do like the understated bling of a deep metallic flake, but we'll see how they look in person. My current configuration is Glacier White, but I am now on the fence for LG. Getting an R1S, so I'll likely be able to actually see one prior to final decision :)

someone got more LG pics from a guide from the launch event w/ different lighting/camera :facepalm:

8bcvo0j45sh71.jpg

w46vv8m45sh71.jpg
Yes but what about these pictures from my Guide? Looks muuuuuuuch better in these pictures tbh.

LG.jpg

LaunchGreen_IMG8479.jpg