Sponsored

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
Good question. The Volvo XC40 Recharge P8 has most of the cold weather features, including a heat pump and headlight washers—at least in the highest end trim package. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work very well in California. We can't have it all. ;-)
I mean... Teslas are 100% designed and tested in California, in the mild not-too-hot and not-too-cold Bay Area yet... They somehow work everywhere and are frequently the most popular cars in Norway.

So 🤷
Sponsored

fbitz777

First Name
francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T 2017MX; 2022 Ioniq5 (2)
I mean... Teslas are 100% designed and tested in California, in the mild not-too-hot and not-too-cold Bay Area yet... They somehow work everywhere and are frequently the most popular cars in Norway.

So 🤷
Yes but every cold morning I get limited or no Regen. So yes they are great when the battery is warm.

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
Yes on 21s, mid 60s weather, was intentionally driving very carefully following slow trucks etc. I don't normally drive like that but wanted to see what I could do.
After this update, I was getting almost 3 miles/kWh driving around the Tampa Bay area doing 40-60 mph. But, on the way home, after charging in Lake City Florida (301 miles on the GOM, temp around 60 F) got closer to 2.3 miles/kWh because temperature dropped to around 40 degrees F and was fighting a headwind all the way. Was expecting to make the 248 miles easily with 60 miles to spare, but got home with just 8%/28 miles.

Also on 21's, mostly 2-3 mph over the speed limit. Range on GOM on Conserve went from 331 to 347.

Riv_Ian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi TTS, Triumph TR6, Tiger Explorer
Occupation
CEO
I won’t miss the door windows freezing to the internal wiper seals on my Audi TTS. They’re frameless and are supposed to drop to open the door. They do pop out of the top seal, but don’t reseal properly when the door is closed. Honda Odyssey doors also freeze along the door seals. Front doors usually open with effort, but sliding doors can be impossible to open until the vehicle has warmed up enough. Loving the ability to turn on heat, heated steering wheel and seats before going out to the vehicle.

Wasn’t Rivian HQ in Michigan when the R1T/S were designed? We don’t get Canadian winters, but it isn’t California!
Sponsored