Sponsored

Go Fast Campers

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Hi Everyone - first post. My wife and I were at the Rivian Hub in Venice on Sunday and have placed our order. Regrettably, after the price increase but we are still excited at the prospect of owning an R1T.

As part of my long term goals/use case, I’m very interested in getting a canopy or pop-up top like Go Fast, Alu-Cab or Super Pacific. Since safety and range are directly correlated with payload and GVWR, I’ve been researching the various possibilities.

Today, I came across a very interesting product and I would like to know what all of you think? Please see https://getflated.com/.

The Air-Topper and Air-Bed appear to use the same technology used for inflatable kayaks and rafts. I’ve asked the company whether they might be interested in some sort of custom project i.e. a sleep on top canopy. I’m not sure it’s the best looking approach but it’s very lightweight, can be installed/removed by one person, and easily stored when not in use.

Thanks

David Blackwell
All the RTT makers have mattress options. Some may be self inflating. iKamper and roofnest are two more brands
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

mroe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

bumping this thread - did anyone make progress in discussions with gfc?

PhatDaddy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T RC PDM Max 20” ATs
Occupation
Retired IT
Old thread, but I swapped emails with GFC yesterday regarding “Any plans for R1T fitment?”. This was the response:
“We do not have any plans currently to do a R1T though we do get the request often. It is just such a difficult bed to design for.”

Mcscoots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T quad motor large battery
Oru Designs has a pretty solid wedge camper that can be made for a R1T, it's a bit wider than the GFC but it's been an absolute treat so far.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Oru Designs has a pretty solid wedge camper that can be made for a R1T, it's a bit wider than the GFC but it's been an absolute treat so far.
Yeah I second that. My recently repaired camper is top notch, they really are cranking out some great campers these days and starting at around $6k for a wedge style like a Go Fast is a fair price

Bbok1208

First Name
Brennan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Tune Outdoor is also delivering my M1 camper in the next week. It's a larger design than the Oru or GFC but really well built. On the pricier side compared to GFC and Oru. Nice to see options.

KeeganBuilds

First Name
Keegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, LR Discovery 2, 5th Gen Toyota 4Runner
Tune Outdoor is also delivering my M1 camper in the next week. It's a larger design than the Oru or GFC but really well built. On the pricier side compared to GFC and Oru. Nice to see options.
I actully met with the president of m1 tune a few weeks back and checked out the facilities. He mentioned that someone he was working with was going to get the first Rivian, im guessing that was you. He said if I want to "wait and see" how that goes, I could be the second haha. Can't wait to see what it looks like!

Bbok1208

First Name
Brennan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I actully met with the president of m1 tune a few weeks back and checked out the facilities. He mentioned that someone he was working with was going to get the first Rivian, im guessing that was you. He said if I want to "wait and see" how that goes, I could be the second haha. Can't wait to see what it looks like!
Sean has been great. They were a bit hesitant on whether a Rivian Tune M1 would sell, I had to sort of convince them. Mine is a bit of a test subject. Apparently they've gotten a lot of interest since. I'll post updates to my thread.
Sponsored