paco180

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Just received this:

I appreciate that you took the time to reach out, and I’m happy to assist you here!

At this time I am not able to verify with 100% certainty if those gate openers work with our vehicles yet, or if they will in the future. I will note here that you would like for Ghost Controls compatibility with your R1 vehicle.

If you'd like to try and troubleshoot this further, Service Support may be able to help. The phone number to reach them is 855-748-4265.

Thank you for contacting Rivian! Stay safe out there and please don’t hesitate to reach back out with any further questions, comments, or concerns.

Your fellow adventurer,
Tyler
Weekdays: 7 AM-8 PM (CST)
Weekends: 10:30 AM-7 PM (CST)
Sponsored

Firewired

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EL Cap R1T, Model 3,
If Rivian is using the Homelink module, Homelink advises that they have coverage between 288 and 433 MHz.

Firewired

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EL Cap R1T, Model 3,

paco180

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
So I talked to tech/service, and they are telling me it should work, according to their screen I’m supposed to have a selection for “ Gate” separate from the “ garage” icon. they are working on it and will get back to me. That might be an update, maybe 🤔

Sponsored

R1S88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

It's probably not a good sign that the latest version of the owner's manual added a line to the garage door section "Does not work on gates." Should we imply it's not feasible to enable it with a software change?

OP
OP

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
It's probably not a good sign that the latest version of the owner's manual added a line to the garage door section "Does not work on gates." Should we imply it's not feasible to enable it with a software change?
From my basic understanding it’s totally feasible for gates to also work. Also, I have a 318mhz garage door that still doesn’t work.

Sponsored

rydb

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE
Clubs

Just bumping this again. Super annoying that they can't open gates. Having the ability to have a bunch of items to control would make it so every gate and garage in my life could be integrated into the truck and yet, no...

Firewired

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EL Cap R1T, Model 3,
I am still holding out hope for increased functionality with future updates. My Tesla could not be programmed for our neighborhood gate for several years, and it eventually became programmable and worked. The Rivian will not program the same gate. I called support after it failed as the screen directs, and they noted the frequency and put in a ticket. So hopefully Rivian will likewise add additional frequencies in the pipeline for some future update.

paco180

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
By looking at the charts they can support 433.92MHz. Need that for my Ghost control gates
Sponsored