Sponsored

Garage Control on sterering wheel gone????

ealberton

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Occupation
Solar Sales
Clubs

The other day the garage door icon that pops up when close to the house to open the garage from the steering wheel stopped popping up. It's still available on the main screen to open the garage but did this go away for anyone else? Does anyone know how to get it to start popping back up again? I checked all the settings and couldn't find where it might have been turned off.

Yes, I have already rebooted the info center before you tell me to do that...lol
Sponsored

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

You wouldn’t happen to be on software version 2024.11.02? :)

Baldewin

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
Mine has been glitchy, it pops up when I'm driving down the road miles from my house. I tap the left side of the button to cancel it and it goes away but will not come back on when I get home. Yes I'm on 2024.11.02.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Yeah, I’m seeing similar problems with mine. I hear it’s common for those of us who updated recently. Hopefully they’ll have a fix out soon.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ealberton

ealberton

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Occupation
Solar Sales
Clubs

Yeah, I’m seeing similar problems with mine. I hear it’s common for those of us who updated recently. Hopefully they’ll have a fix out soon.
Thank you for letting me know. I love that button and want it back...lol

sfvR1S

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Quad Adventure 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
Occupation
CRE
Clubs

I've found it's taking longer or a couple additional pushes on the button to open/close the garage door.

Not the end of the world.

josephponline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I was having the same issue. I went into the garage door settings, turned off the location aware settings, and then switched it back on. Since then - about three days ago, it's been working fine. Hope it works for you all.

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
Same issue…did you try a hard reset? I admittedly haven’t because I’m not overly bothered by having to control the garage door with the icon on the screen…someone else commented about just shutting of the garage location aware setting and then turning it back on…I’ll try that tonight too

Sponsored

stephenti

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CTSV, i3, MX, R1S
I also turned off the location aware settings, and then back on, and it’s been working since.

And,, for those that aren’t aware, you have to hold the button… maybe half a sec… for the opener to activate. The button icon will blink. This prevents accidentally tiggering due to brushing up against the button.

runningdenver

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S QM
Occupation
Tech
I was having the same issue. I went into the garage door settings, turned off the location aware settings, and then switched it back on. Since then - about three days ago, it's been working fine. Hope it works for you all.
I did the exact same thing. Until then, the door opener graphic wasn't showing on the screen, even when I was in the driveway. After doing these steps, it seems to be mostly back to normal. Hopefully they can tweak it further with the next release.

Flyboi

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2022 Bronco Outer Banks 4 door
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Same happened to me about 5 days ago. I did update about a week before that. I’ve tried cycling the location but not hard reset.
Right after the update I lost the ability to center my vehicle on the map. If you move the map for any reason you vehicle will totally drive off of the map. Only way to get it back is enter a navigation destination. This will center your R1 on the map (bottom center) then you cancel the destination. I emailed Rivian 2 weeks ago….. Nothing!!!

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

This is exactly what I had to do and, like you 3 days without an issue. iPads with wheels....(geez)

Nuclianba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Pacifica hybrid
Same happened to me about 5 days ago. I did update about a week before that. I’ve tried cycling the location but not hard reset.
Right after the update I lost the ability to center my vehicle on the map. If you move the map for any reason you vehicle will totally drive off of the map. Only way to get it back is enter a navigation destination. This will center your R1 on the map (bottom center) then you cancel the destination. I emailed Rivian 2 weeks ago….. Nothing!!!
I've found tapping the "3D" icon at the top right recenters me....I just tap 3 times to get back to the 3D view. Annoying but not the end of the world.
Sponsored