DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I think there will be plate mounting holes in the non-winch bumper. In the winch bumper, you can use the fairlead bolt holes to mount a plate holder; however, it will need to be removable or flip out of the way for winch access.

I have a plate mount on one of my Jeeps that uses the fairlead bolts for mounting. The plate portion removes with hand screws for winch access. I'll try to take a pic tomorrow & post it (if I can remember).
Skyote,

I appreciate any help getting this figured out. As DucRider and Monzarottie have eluded to here, tickets are a given if you park in downtown Portland without your front plate. Launch fireworks at the police? No problem! But park without that front tag, that's gonna cost ya! ?‍♂
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Yeah, one time in Utah I got pulled over for drinking coffee and then he also wrote me up for the lack of a front license plate. Totally insane!

J/k, I got off with a warning for the plate.
I'll bet your wives were happy no ticket was issued! ?

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I can barely manage one...
I always found it tough to manage the one supervising me ?. Luckily, I found a really great "Supervisor"! I remember one night, after a truly awesome dinner, I was headed out the front door with a friend, on our way to a Blazer game. I boldly declared that "the dishes can wait 'til I get home!". And they did. I guess I showed her!

I don't remember who won the game, but I do recall that the sofa was really uncomfortable that night.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

That’s a great looking setup! My only fear would be the §#!T#€^D who pops the custom plate and leaves me right back where I started.... Even worse. No plate, the cost to replace it, and the ticket. I’d like to think the officials would understand, but their humor and good will has been stretched pretty thin around here. Pulling it and leaving it on the dash is a hassle and an invite to smash and grab, while still leaving you with the possibility of a ticket for not having it outside the vehicle.

Tempted to laugh? Please don’t.

OP
OP
DosTacos

DosTacos

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
97 Tacoma; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
This is probably the best option I've seen.
@DuckTruck Thanks for pointing out that other thread. I really like the rear hooks also.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My only fear would be the §#!T#€^D who pops the custom plate and leaves me right back where I started....
It would literally be quicker to unscrew a typical plate, and that rarely happens. If someone wants it bad enough, they'll get it, but I think that's a bit of an unfounded concern.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
I am going to bet Rivian will have a front bumper bracket. All car manufacturers face this same issue.

I have always lived in states which require a front license plate, so it won't pain me to install a front plate.

I just want my Max Pack R1T as soon as possible!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

It would literally be quicker to unscrew a typical plate, and that rarely happens. If someone wants it bad enough, they'll get it, but I think that's a bit of an unfounded concern.
You're right, but the twist knobs are an attractive nuisance for some, just because they're there. Too many friends here have experienced stupid vandalism here, simply for someone's pleasure. Plus, it felt good to rant for a few moments.

Still, I like your setup!

Sponsored

EveryAmp

Site Sponsor
First Name
EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, & Model Y
When I lived in Portland, I used SnapPlate on my Model 3 when heading to downtown. It’s otherwise in my frunk taking up space. I moved to Bend last year and have never put it on.

*I hope there are no Bend PD on this forum to come bust me. ?

https://everyamp.com/shop/snapplate/
We'll be all over it as soon as we can get our hands on a truck! We just need someone in or near CA to let us take measurements.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Model Y, ‘22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I've been running without a front plate in TX now for about 4 years. I do have the Quick Bandit license plate holder for my Model Y that just clips on to the bottom front bumper grille, and I'm hoping there will be similar options for Rivian in case you feel it's necessary to put one on real quick. Takes about 3 seconds to put it on/remove it, and it seems very stable (although I haven't used it much ;).)
Same, love the quick bandit - would buy another for the Rivian in a heartbeat

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
For what it's worth, if Rivian were to not provide a bracket, there could be an exemption in WA. Unfortunately I'm guessing they will provide one.

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
FWIW. I live in BC, Canada and we require front plates here. When I bought my Tesla Model 3. The front plate bracket was 3M taped to the front bumper by the delivery team when I picked it up. I assume they will follow a similar pattern at minimum. Although I'd prefer it screwed on vs just tape...I imagine 3M tape won't hold up as well when you are driving it through rivers.... So hopefully they figure something out there.
Sponsored