Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Anyone have any experience with fridge freezers? wanting to get one for a while and the Rivian with a kitchen the fridge freezer almost seems like a must.

I found this one that uses and app and has the dual zones which I think is a must.

Any reason to spend the stupid money on an ARB or dometic or are the cheap ones still good?

would it be best to put it in the frunk or in the bed on a slider?

Rivian R1T R1S Fridge freezer options. 1632411771705

Rivian R1T R1S Fridge freezer options. 1632411880215
Sponsored

Bbernardo

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 Tacoma / 08 H3
I don't have direct experience with fridge/freezers but definitely looking to get one for our rig soon. I'm eyeing Dometic units specifically.

DynoSaur

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Occupation
Network Engineer
Subjective opinion :

Love my Dometic CFX3 75 Dual Zone. Heavy as b@llz though when loaded.

No experience with the others.

A little bit of a hum when the compressor kicks and runs, but nothing distracting, just noticeable when it's quiet. Temps are great, efficiency and ability to hold temp seems great. Runs 24 hours on a jackery 500 plugged into DC - using 1/2 freezer 1/2 fridge at 0 degrees and 38 respectively.

Get it from REI and get some nice $ back as a member to use for something later as well.

it was cheaper than that $1400+ Zero you listed. Slightly, but still...

Also, separate lids for each compartment instead of 1 big one I see on the Zero - which will help efficiency.

Hope that helps!

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Subjective opinion :

Love my Dometic CFX3 75 Dual Zone. Heavy as b@llz though when loaded.

No experience with the others.

A little bit of a hum when the compressor kicks and runs, but nothing distracting, just noticeable when it's quiet. Temps are great, efficiency and ability to hold temp seems great. Runs 24 hours on a jackery 500 plugged into DC - using 1/2 freezer 1/2 fridge at 0 degrees and 38 respectively.

Get it from REI and get some nice $ back as a member to use for something later as well.

it was cheaper than that $1400+ Zero you listed. Slightly, but still...

Also, separate lids for each compartment instead of 1 big one I see on the Zero - which will help efficiency.

Hope that helps!
I like the dual lids that's defiantly a plus. I think an app to watch what its doing and control it is also a cool benefit but still is the Dometic $1000 better?

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Also I will measure the Frunk for dimensions to put the coolers Sunday when I get my drive this dometic look shorter so a sled in the bed would be great for this unit the other one is tall and deep I think Frunk for sure.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
The absolute top of the line is national Luna. Very, very expensive Though

jplblue

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Honda Element
Clubs

I have an IceCo -- and I would recommend the company. It's not as cheap as bargain fridges, but significantly cheaper than Dometic/ARB and uses high-quality compressors. Some of the cheaper ones can be less energy efficient (which probably won't matter much if plugged into a Rivian) or can have compressors suddenly fail.

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I second the Dometic. CFX3 45 is pretty good. Not a dual freezer/fridge, but it can funciton as one or the other. It'll fit the frunk perfectly.

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

Also I will measure the Frunk for dimensions to put the coolers Sunday when I get my drive this dometic look shorter so a sled in the bed would be great for this unit the other one is tall and deep I think Frunk for sure.
Were you able to get measurements of the frunk, especially the lower part?

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Anyone have any experience with fridge freezers?
There's a whole thread here suggesting that none of these are going to fit as the frunk is smaller than it was originally said to be.

That aside I have an ARB which does not have a separate freezer but the evaporator is under the floor plate and so it gets quite cold relative to the top area to the point where you can put frozen stuff on the bottom and keep it frozen while, say, eggs or sodas at the top do not freeze. This is more than adequate for the intended purpose of shuttling uneaten fridge and freezer contents between winter and summer residences at the ends of the seasons (2 day trip).
Sponsored

Last edited: