Sponsored

Found this note on the box of my tonneau cover

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Found this note on the box of the tonneau cover. Must be some kind of QC. Anyone know what it means?

Rivian R1T R1S Found this note on the box of my tonneau cover IMG_0908
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
WTH? 🤔

AuburnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I used to work in QA as an engineer. Not sure if this is it, but sometimes if we would find an assembly error in manufacturing, we would go back to inventory and check for the known error. We would then tag the unit in some way to confirm that it had been checked. Until the old inventory was cleared nothing would be shipped unless it had that tag. Maybe in this case there was an issue with some covers having end caps being installed backwards, and this is something they used to confirm covers had been checked? Someone might have just forgotten to remove it when the cover was packed for shipping.

OP
OP

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I used to work in QA as an engineer. Not sure if this is it, but sometimes if we would find an assembly error in manufacturing, we would go back to inventory and check for the known error. We would then tag the unit in some way to confirm that it had been checked. Until the old inventory was cleared nothing would be shipped unless it had that tag. Maybe in this case there was an issue with some covers having end caps being installed backwards, and this is something they used to confirm covers had been checked? Someone might have just forgotten to remove it when the cover was packed for shipping.
This makes great sense

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I'm happy to take it off your hands

Rivian R1T R1S Found this note on the box of my tonneau cover IMG_20231130_215555

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

BOS is the supplier of the powered tonneau.
Sponsored