raylepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Random Maker
Clubs

I used the Rivian app to navigate to this charge station (13711 S Tamiami Trail, Fort Myers [Electrify America]). App shows 6 stalls at 350kW, status Unknown. Upon arrival (2/29/24) all stalls were blocked by cones and plastic sleeves were still on the cables and plugs. (Glad I had plenty of range to make another charger).

ABRP also shows this Charge location and as Operational.

Plugshare does not show this Charge Location at all.

Is it normal for the Rivian app to display Charge Locations that have not been made operational yet? Is the 'status Unknown' a clue I should have recognized as important?
Sponsored

seatosummit

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '87 LJ70, 73' Porsche 914 (EV Conversion)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

Status Unknown is the case for all EA stations in Rivian’s nav. Their APIs do not communicate.

I personally have not seen an EA station that is not yet commissioned but is shown in the nav. Possible that the site is being upgraded?

I always check at least the EA app, if not also PlugShare to avoid these sorts of things. Bummer, but only absolute way to avoid such a scenario.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Those stations aren't showing up in my app. I believe Rivian gets their data from EA.

I've previously used the Chargepoint chargers at Colonial square plaza when I was down there, but looks like they might be having maintenance issues this year.

OP
OP

raylepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Random Maker
Clubs

Status Unknown is the case for all EA stations in Rivian’s nav. Their APIs do not communicate.

I personally have not seen an EA station that is not yet commissioned but is shown in the nav. Possible that the site is being upgraded?

I always check at least the EA app, if not also PlugShare to avoid these sorts of things. Bummer, but only absolute way to avoid such a scenario.
Bingo. The EA app shows 'Coming Soon.' Lesson learned. :) Thanks.
Sponsored