First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Senior Security Analyst
An Ioniq5 owner and a Livewire owner were unable to use the A2Z adapter for this purpose, so Tesla must verify that you have an approved vehicle when you plug in.
Do you know if the user tried to initiate the charge using the Tesla App? Or did they attempt Plug & Charge ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE

MejDam

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Senior Security Analyst
My understanding is that they used the Tesla app. Ioniq5 thread.
Thank you. If you attempt to initiate the charge using the Tesla app (by telling it you're a ford owner) with the a2z Tesla to CCS adapter, you will get an unauthorized vehicle error.

Rivian R1T R1S Ford NACS Adapter Released + Access to Tesla Superchargers Now Available 1709313565260

Credit: Prt7 from reddit

bbonkk

First Name
howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Citroen 2cv6, Tesla Model 3, Sprinter van, BMW x5
Occupation
pain in the ass
Clubs

Just checked on my Lightning. Due about June ā€˜24. Rivian may be similar if in production now.

Rivian R1T R1S Ford NACS Adapter Released + Access to Tesla Superchargers Now Available IMG_2230

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you. If you attempt to initiate the charge using the Tesla app (by telling it you're a ford owner) with the a2z Tesla to CCS adapter, you will get an unauthorized vehicle error.

1709313565260.png

Credit: Prt7 from reddit
They are likely checking the MAC address from the vehicle modem. Each manufacturer gets there own range of MAC addresses for the modems in the car. That is also probably how Rivian is blocking non-Rivians on their chargers. MAC addresses are used for the Autocharge+ on EVGO and are part of the DIN standard associated with CCS protocol.

Sponsored

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
They are likely checking the MAC address from the vehicle modem. Each manufacturer gets there own range of MAC addresses for the modems in the car. That is also probably how Rivian is blocking non-Rivians on their chargers. MAC addresses are used for the Autocharge+ on EVGO and are part of the DIN standard associated with CCS protocol.
When will we get an adapter which spoofs MACs? That doesnā€™t seem like a very secure auth. mechanism. Needs a per-vehicle public/private key.

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
$12.99 Monthly Membership is fairly pricey. Will be interesting to see how much of a discount.

IMG_0243.PNG
With a membership you pay what Tesla driver's pay.

ActionableDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition, LA Silver 22 Sport Bright
Occupation
Market Research Executive
Rivian R1T R1S Ford NACS Adapter Released + Access to Tesla Superchargers Now Available 1709577581656

Apparently the Ford adapters are in high demand. Hopefully Rivian can get ours out sooner than August.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

1709577581656.png

Apparently the Ford adapters are in high demand. Hopefully Rivian can get ours out sooner than August.
Except that Tesla is the one making them for everyone to distribute.

ActionableDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition, LA Silver 22 Sport Bright
Occupation
Market Research Executive
Except that Tesla is the one making them for everyone to distribute.
Here's hoping they have a plan to ramp production or we may be looking at 2025 for our adapter delivery date...

Sponsored

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software
A2Z are now shipping their second batch of adapters since I just got an email saying mineā€™s on itā€˜s way, shipping via UPS. So far I havenā€™t heard of anyone receiving a Lectron adapter.

And yeah, not sure how allocation is going to work on the Rivian end given Ford is backlogged on their adapters through August!

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
A2Z are now shipping their second batch of adapters since I just got an email saying mineā€™s on itā€˜s way, shipping via UPS. So far I havenā€™t heard of anyone receiving a Lectron adapter.

And yeah, not sure how allocation is going to work on the Rivian end given Ford is backlogged on their adapters through August!
When did you order yours?

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
That's cool! I have my app but can't seem to find where to order as you've done? Any direction would help! Thx!
Go to connected services in the FordPass app, that will take you to the order page.

Garzee

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Go to connected services in the FordPass app, that will take you to the order page.
Oh, gotcha, Iā€™m going to wait for the one from Rivian for my R1S. I wonder if they are the same?
Sponsored