Sponsored

For those few who have/had and R1S AND and R1T. Rear Seat room?

rkalbiar

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T , 2024 Rivian R1S
How does the second row of an R1S compare to back seat of and R1T?
Leg room? Car seat room? Especially rear facing. Etc?
THANKS
Sponsored

ElGuapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - April 2021 preorder
I haven’t owned both but have sat in both. I didn’t measure, but back seat in S seemed to have more leg space. Mainly because I could push the seat back and recline - which I couldn’t do in the T. This means the third row folks would have less space, but I rarely use third row. Definitely more room for rear facing car seat in S because second row can slide back. I chose the S because I haul my kids more than objects and my kids prefer a roof over their head. Where I live, riding in the pickup bed is frowned upon. :)

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

S has quite a bit more space than the T if you don't have anyone in the third row.

TxnBluDvl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Much more space. We have a rear facing car seat and the front seat isn’t usable with the R1T for taller adults. R1S is fine.

I think this is also exacerbated by the fact the second row in the R1S can recline and does not in the R1T.

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

The second row legroom is the same in both models.

However, there are two differences that make the R1S “feel” like it has more legroom:

1.) The seat pan in the R1S is shorter. So it seems like there is more legroom in the R1S because the distance from the edge of the seat in the middle row and the back of the front seat is slightly larger on the R1S than the R1T. But that greater distance is actually just because of the shorter seat pan.

2.) The middle row back rests in the R1S can recline and R1T’s second row back rests cannot.

That’s it. I have measured them both, and they are exactly the same. Yes, even with the middle row in the R1S slid all the way back.

OP
OP

rkalbiar

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T , 2024 Rivian R1S
Thanks all!
Sponsored