Follow up - Preparing to purchase - Rivian Insurance

R1SFamilyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Occupation
I do software things
To everyone who had crazy delays at a body shop getting something fixed…

not to be rude, but did you just not have Rivian insurance? I’m preparing to purchase and came across the below

that by itself sounds like a no-brainer unless rates are way off. Or is it just marketing hype?

Rivian R1T R1S Follow up - Preparing to purchase - Rivian Insurance 1711682950992-vy
Sponsored

ssbmx90

First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sti, Tesla
Occupation
Secret
Rivian uses nation wide and the rates were like 30% more for their insurance vs my current “tesla” insurance. They also don’t let you you add just the Rivian. You have to have multiple cars. That’s a recent change. I laughed a bit and the rep did as well. Hung up

PhatDaddy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T RC PDM Max 20” ATs
Occupation
Retired IT

not to be rude, but did you just not have Rivian insurance? I’m preparing to purchase and came across the below

that by itself sounds like a no-brainer unless rates are way off. Or is it just marketing hype?

1711682950992-vy.png
Yeah… well anything - maybe especially said by an insurance company - that sounds easy and simple and obvious needs to be taken with a grain of salt.
So, Nationwide. Probably as good as most insurance companies. And the ‘extras’ are nice. But there is always a cost to those features. And the ‘Driver Assist’ deal is actually referring to agreement to install the ‘spyware’ (Nationwide phone app) that tracks your driving 24x7, which they will then evaluate periodically to determine your discount. And Nationwide is very picky… policies are not available to everyone in every location. For instance is appears new policies are not being written in Florida since about October of 2023 (rumor, and experience of some members here).
That said, I was looking to switch insurance from The Hartford just before I got my Rivian due to cost increases, and although the agent was surprised (I am in coastal FL), I somehow got in under the wire for our two vehicles in September with all those ‘extra’ Rivian perks for a tad less than my previous policy. And yeah, to get that rate I had to sign up to let Big Brother monitor my driving. Not a preference, but I wanted the deal. I’ve now been through one renewal cycle with no price increase and am still happy with my choice. Time will tell…

waitingonanr1s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 QM R1S

1711682950992-vy.png
Rivian insurance (Nationwide) wasn't even writing policies in parts of CO when I purchased my R1S last year.

AnninSI

First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Consultant
Clubs

Rivian uses nation wide and the rates were like 30% more for their insurance vs my current “tesla” insurance. They also don’t let you you add just the Rivian. You have to have multiple cars. That’s a recent change. I laughed a bit and the rep did as well. Hung up
Bought my R1S 6 weeks ago, Nationwide insurance thru Rivian - did not enroll any other vehicles. Not true about multiple cars - Nationwide asked but I declined - no problem.
Sponsored

Reactions: SBK