First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tunda, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Self Employed
This is pretty much a post for all pre order holders in Florida or Southeast. Not sure about anyone else but I feel that Florida is so far off of Rivians radar that I have not heard or seen anyone get contacted or even had a sniff of a delivery confirmation and we are two days away from Thanksgiving. Just wondering how other Floridians are feeling right now? Assuming that you still have not had a test drive and not seen a truck in person would you still confirm your order for delivery without seeing it or driving it? Interested to get some other peoples feedback right now as I am wondering what I would do.
Sponsored

TN2NFL80

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX 450 Hybrid F-Sport
This is pretty much a post for all pre order holders in Florida or Southeast. Not sure about anyone else but I feel that Florida is so far off of Rivians radar that I have not heard or seen anyone get contacted or even had a sniff of a delivery confirmation and we are two days away from Thanksgiving. Just wondering how other Floridians are feeling right now? Assuming that you still have not had a test drive and not seen a truck in person would you still confirm your order for delivery without seeing it or driving it? Interested to get some other peoples feedback right now as I am wondering what I would do.
Greetings. Iā€™m in Tallahassee. Iā€™m confident weā€™ll be able to attend a test drive as the time nears for our purchase confirmation. Based on the numerous reviews, I am comfortable with progress on the quality of the build; albeit with expectations theyā€™ll tighten-up the software side of things over the next few months.
I have looked extensively for something comparable to overland and I donā€™t think anything comes close when you consider itā€™s EV advantages. Iā€™m a reservation holder from July ā€˜19. Am I disappointed I donā€™t have the truck yet? Yes. Am I concerned about my configuration excluding me from a rebate under the proposed legislation? Yes. But Rivian just gave me a huge gift of sorts by allowing us (who could) to participate in the IPO. That more than covers the rebate concerns and a bit more consideration towards my time and net cost to the truck. Iā€™ve been patient this long and will continue to do soā€¦even in the hinterlands of Florida. I trust that Rivian is focused on execution but, more importantly, in doing it right. My two cents.

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
The irony being is that (supposedly) Florida was the company's inception state. Yet. We've gotten squat compared to other states. I mean, what have we seen Rivian-wise? A Lidar mapping truck spotted months ago and announcement that a facility is opening in Hialeah.com .... BY THE PALMETTO at that (not doing anyone any favors there).

TN2NFL80

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
With Atlanta 4-5 hours away, I may be sooner in deliveryā€¦?

elas9000

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Mercedes SLC & 2019 Mercedes GLA
Stuart, FL here. Several weeks ago I contacted CS saying that I did not expect any deliveries to any areas that do not have service centers up and running. They had no news about any service centers in Florida. They did assure me that a service center is not needed for deliveries in any area, just a mobile service. The way things are going I do not expect any Florida delivers in 2022. Just a hunch.

My pre-order is for the R1T though I am not a truck type person nor do I plan to do much off roading. The R1S is just too big for my tastes. Current vehicle is a Mercedes GLA 250 which I really like but want to go EV. So, I am looking at other options with the Hyundai Iconic 5 as the most promising so far. I know there is ZERO comparison between a Rivian and a Hyundai but the Iconic 5 is pretty cool though not near as luxury. Still, it has 800V charging (18 min from 20% to 80%), near 300 mile range, Bose premium sound, heads up display and much better drive assist features with level 3 capability OTA when available, 2 yrs free charging at Electrify America, and NO subscriptions needed.

Just saying.

Sponsored

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

the Miami location has yet to re-submit plans that were pretty much all denied, and their extension to re-submit expired last week with nothing yet submitted, for a company that was suppose to start shipping in late 2020 originally i'm really thinking that they actually never had any intention of actually shipping to the end of this year. if they had all or most of their first wave of service centers should have been in the build out phase since mid/end of 2019, Covid-19 was the perfect excuse to not upset customers with delays, take lucid for example, they just started shipping in south FL and their location was opened for an entire year before.

OP
OP
Surfnturf

Surfnturf

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tunda, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Self Employed
I am a 12/2018 pre order holder with the exact configuration they are making first. Itā€™s been a very frustrating few months since they first said they were going to be delivering in summer 2021. Since then itā€™s been nothing but delays and empty promises. I turned down their offer to buy shares of stock because there is no way they are going to be making money for a long time. They havenā€™t even delivered one vehicle to a non Rivian employee. I donā€™t see their stock really gaining any value until they show people they can produce vehicles efficiently. I believe their stock will drop before it takes off. I might buy in when they start really producing vehicles.

with all that aside I am starting to wonder about other ev options. I think Rivians battery range will be a lot lower than most newer Evā€™s coming out in the next couple years. But really the only practical pickup truck that will be all EV available to me is the R1T. I am curious though as to what I should hear about delivery. Not sure I will trust them either way until they take my money!

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I still chuckle with this sentence since the SE is completely forgotten.

MIAMI
"Florida holds a special place in our heart. It's where we got our start in a small warehouse over ten years ago"

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Seen other forum where Floridians are getting contacted with the delivery window email that other LE preorder holders have been getting.

OP
OP
Surfnturf

Surfnturf

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tunda, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Self Employed
received my generic email yesterday from Rivian and my delivery time is April- May 2022. Should I believe them?

Sponsored

Hanson-R1S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MDX
Occupation
IT
Greetings. Iā€™m in Tallahassee. Iā€™m confident weā€™ll be able to attend a test drive as the time nears for our purchase confirmation. Based on the numerous reviews, I am comfortable with progress on the quality of the build; albeit with expectations theyā€™ll tighten-up the software side of things over the next few months.
I have looked extensively for something comparable to overland and I donā€™t think anything comes close when you consider itā€™s EV advantages. Iā€™m a reservation holder from July ā€˜19. Am I disappointed I donā€™t have the truck yet? Yes. Am I concerned about my configuration excluding me from a rebate under the proposed legislation? Yes. But Rivian just gave me a huge gift of sorts by allowing us (who could) to participate in the IPO. That more than covers the rebate concerns and a bit more consideration towards my time and net cost to the truck. Iā€™ve been patient this long and will continue to do soā€¦even in the hinterlands of Florida. I trust that Rivian is focused on execution but, more importantly, in doing it right. My two cents.
Did you get a LE? Iā€™m also in Tallahassee, PreOreder in 5/20 R1S. I got to see an R1T at the Venice Hub last month while in LA.

TN2NFL80

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No. Adventure with off-road, max pack. 20ā€, AT, El Cap. June 19ā€™

OverSurge

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model S
Occupation
IT
received my generic email yesterday from Rivian and my delivery time is April- May 2022. Should I believe them?
I am also April/May 2022 and saw one other Florida delivery with same dates. Good sign that a truck is planned to south Florida around same time period.

TN2NFL80

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Based on the delivery notification email thread (for LE), there were several in Jax, Orlando, Souts Florida and one in Pcola.
Sponsored