Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Same. I have a reservation, and have been invited to start the process, but have been holding off to see what others think.

The fact that Magna is building it gives me plenty of confidence it’s not the product of some madman’s backyard shed, but still.
Sounds like the software has gotten a lot better, but it's still an unknown overall. Fisker has a lot of fixes coming in Q1 but they are behind on them vs their timeline from a year ago.

I don't have a vested interest in seeing them succeed besides owning one of their vehicles, so I'll try to be as honest as possible about it. I figure I will give them 6 months to make improvements before making the decision on which vehicle to keep.
Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Fisker says I should be able to schedule my delivery this week, vehicle finally arrived at their facility late last week. Really curious how it's going to stack up against the R1S. We don't need the third row and haven't used it yet.
Oh wow. Congrats! I’ve been considering purchasing one and was browsing inventory just last week. However, I just can’t pull the trigger. Seems like a lot of features are missing and the financial state of the company seems iffy to me. Not sure if they’ll ever get added. I think the last straw for me was reading a report of an improperly secured hood that opened mid-drive for an owner.

I’m cheering for Fisker, though. Hope they can pull it together. Congratulations on your impending purchase. Hope your vehicle has minimal issues. Looking forward to reading your impressions.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Seems like a lot of features are missing and the financial state of the company seems iffy to me. Not sure if they’ll ever get added. I think the last straw for me was reading a report of an improperly secured hood that opened mid-drive for an owner.
Even if Fisker ends in bankruptcy, I expect software development will still be allowed to continue.

As for the hood issue, Fisker employs a third party to do the last mile delivery so it's possible they were the ones to mess that up. The design decision to make the hood non-user serviceable is pretty bizarre though.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Even if Fisker ends in bankruptcy, I expect software development will still be allowed to continue.

As for the hood issue, Fisker employs a third party to do the last mile delivery so it's possible they were the ones to mess that up. The design decision to make the hood non-user serviceable is pretty bizarre though.
Are you keeping your Polestar 2?

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

I've taken my second test drive (on Sat) and have a 14 month reservation, but now can take delivery of all the excess inventory coming into the States on an Ocean One in 1-2 weeks, or an Extreme in 3-4 weeks (VIN assigned if I wanted one). I'm not going through with it, even at the current reduced price. If Henrik drops the price into the 50's then maybe.

Top down review. Drives nice, software glitches galore and this was on a 2 day old 1.11 software OTA fresh update. Had to do a software reboot to drive. Interior feels cheap, seats are okay, handling was soft but nice. No hill hold feature. The fun stuff is kinda cool (CA mode), lots of space in the back, fully opening sun roof. The range is a positive.

Service and support is practically non-existent, so if you think it was rolling the dice with Rivian, then this is a 1000:1 long shot at the Derby. The ONLY thing Fisker has going for it is Magna Steyr. The only thing. Fisker himself, isn't trust worthy, so to me, its a decent car at $55K for an Extreme or Ocean One, othewise punt.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Are you keeping your Polestar 2?
Depreciation has been terrible on it, they didn't even want to give me 50% of what I paid for it on trade in. It's been pretty reliable so I'm going to keep it around as an extra car for a while still. Got some longer term projects I want to do with my R1T that will require tearing some things down, so I need a reliable extra while I do that stuff.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

First impressions. Ride is more comfortable and quieter than either Rivian. Currently raining so didn't get a great feel for how fast it is, but definitely slower than the Rivian. Traction control isn't great. Interior is nice but the materials seem much more fragile at first glance.

Will post up later with more details.

Rivian R1T R1S Fisker Ocean 1000002518

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
First impressions. Ride is more comfortable and quieter than either Rivian. Currently raining so didn't get a great feel for how fast it is, but definitely slower than the Rivian. Traction control isn't great. Interior is nice but the materials seem much more fragile at first glance.

1000002518.jpg
Anxiously awaiting your full, non-biased review. Hope you have the latest update.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

1000002518.jpg
I literally finally canceled my Fisker order last night.

Congrats to you! Definitely looking forward to your impressions.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

In that photo, the Fisker looks very nice, brand new and shiny. By contrast the R1T in the background looks like an old beat-up pick-em-up relegated to the back end of the driveway.

Brian
Sponsored