First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Sooo... What are the chances we get to see charging data from this?
I suppose it's moot anyway as it will have the disclaimer of being still under development and subject to OTA updates. Still would be nice to see it charge at 200Kw up to 50% or so before tapering to 75KW by 80% or something. Just looking for more data than 120 miles in 20 minutes.
Sponsored

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer Limited, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I tried to get an interview with Rivian....but they weren't interested in any fully-remote software developers (even ones 2 or so hours by ferry from their developer office). Hybrid (2 or so day a week in-office only). It wasn't just to get my R1S or R1T early, although I wouldn't have complained :cool:
I tried also (Cybersecurity PM) and the recruiter seemed very interested right up until the point I said that I lived in Northern VA and wasn't interested in moving to Palo Alto or Normal, IL. They were very nice though. I understand they are trying to build a company from scratch and need that in office experience, but they really have left the east coast pretty empty. I would expect them to expand a little to New York or Northern VA as both are pretty hot on Tech and tech companies. Then again, they ARE looking at Atlanda and Austin for their next plant which is very popular in Tech right now as well.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I tried also (Cybersecurity PM) and the recruiter seemed very interested right up until the point I said that I lived in Northern VA and wasn't interested in moving to Palo Alto or Normal, IL. They were very nice though. I understand they are trying to build a company from scratch and need that in office experience, but they really have left the east coast pretty empty. I would expect them to expand a little to New York or Northern VA as both are pretty hot on Tech and tech companies. Then again, they ARE looking at Atlanda and Austin for their next plant which is very popular in Tech right now as well.

X2, in DMV area and they never even responded to my application haha.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Spotted today in Yosemite

Rivian R1T R1S First Rivian Supercharger Spotted @ Irvine Facility rivian-charger-png-
Great to see. I would like Rivian to have a proper map (not some illustrator copy) with hubs and chargers listed as open, or planned to open. Currently it is down to detectives on this site and others to piece together where things are. Lucid has the list of showrooms open or soon to open, so why be so secretive?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

srwaxalot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
WXR. KIA Niro plugin
I’ve told this before I have two friends that never heard back: one is an engineer with automotive experience the other is in logistics formally worked for a military contractor in Afghanistan now for Netflix.

Chris S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Model 3 Perf, '19 MX-5 Club, '22 Model Y Perf
Occupation
REALTOR
Great to see. I would like Rivian to have a proper map (not some illustrator copy) with hubs and chargers listed as open, or planned to open. Currently it is down to detectives on this site and others to piece together where things are. Lucid has the list of showrooms open or soon to open, so why be so secretive?
I'd assume the map to chargers is in the on-board navigation.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I'd assume the map to chargers is in the on-board navigation.
Agreed, I mean for perspective buyers so they know where they are and get an impression of whether Rivian will meet their 600 sites by end of 2023 target

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
X2, in DMV area and they never even responded to my application haha.
That is really disappointing to hear.

I fear they are over stretched. If you watch a recent live stream by E for Electric - Alex, he tried to get a response from Rivian's PR and they totally blew him off. In his words "Rivian's PR department were totally dicks to him".

He is an influencer in the EV YouTube space and you would think they would make the effort to acknowledge his inquiry.

Ditto any engineers and software developers applying to the company. Head scratcher honestly.

RideAlong

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Porsche Panamera S + 19 Ford F-150
Occupation
Dentist
I tried to get an interview with Rivian....but they weren't interested in any fully-remote software developers (even ones 2 or so hours by ferry from their developer office). Hybrid (2 or so day a week in-office only). It wasn't just to get my R1S or R1T early, although I wouldn't have complained :cool:
Would you be willing to relocate to Normal , IL ?

Sponsored

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Would you be willing to relocate to Normal , IL ?
No. We aren't willing to relocate. Our parents are in town and no desire to move our 4 kids away from them. A few years ago I accepted that this decision would limit my work options. However that's not the case at all anymore. So now I can be picky with opportunities I consider - and only look at fully remote ones as it's best for my family.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
No. We aren't willing to relocate. Our parents are in town and no desire to move our 4 kids away from them. A few years ago I accepted that this decision would limit my work options. However that's not the case at all anymore. So now I can be picky with opportunities I consider - and only look at fully remote ones as it's best for my family.
Don’t feed the troll.
Sponsored