Monkey

Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Careful with that marketing there…. Tesla holds the registered TM on “Supercharger”

Chris S

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicles
'18 Model 3 Performance, '19 MX-5 Club, '19 JLUR
Occupation
REALTOR
Careful with that marketing there…. Tesla holds the registered TM on “Supercharger”
Are you sure about that? No TM logo on Tesla's Supercharger page, and it was "borrowed" from an ICE device that was invented before Elon was even born.

Monkey

Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Are you sure about that? No TM logo on Tesla's Supercharger page, and it was "borrowed" from an ICE device that was invented before Elon was even born.
I suppose I assumed they had it, as Tesla applied for registration and other charging providers are steering clear of the term. Didn’t take long to search and see that they don’t have it. And their application was denied as a ubiquitous or generalized term in the auto industry. So I suppose that’s why it’s always referenced as the “Tesla SuperCharger”, no R or TM mark.

so, nevermind…

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer Limited, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
I suppose I assumed they had it, as Tesla applied for registration and other charging providers are steering clear of the term. Didn’t take long to search and see that they don’t have it. And their application was denied as a ubiquitous or generalized term in the auto industry. So I suppose that’s why it’s always referenced as the “Tesla SuperCharger”, no R or TM mark.

so, nevermind…
yea, I'm actually surprised that Mercedes or some aircraft company didn't have it already too (referring to the atmospheric booster you bolt onto the head of an ICE engineer)... still probably should just come up with their own branding for it.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
That's at this location:
https://goo.gl/maps/Mbxh172xD8NNwCRw7

It's on the west side of the building near the loading docks. It was already installed and operational when I was there in October to visit the Hub. When I was there I saw an R1T (in camo wrap) and an EDV using it to charge.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Reaction score
First Name
Axel
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Tesla Model 3 Performance, Old Volvo
Why do they keep marketing their employee perks to the public? It's so strange.
They’re hiring and want to be seen as an employee friendly company…

Guy

First Name
Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
I want to see many more of these superchargers, since the waystations (level 2) will not be that useful if you only get 20 miles of range in an hour. If you are stopping for lunch etc at a place you need a supercharger, so bring it on.

atlastracer

Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR AWD, Honda Pilot
They’re hiring and want to be seen as an employee friendly company…
I tried to get an interview with Rivian....but they weren't interested in any fully-remote software developers (even ones 2 or so hours by ferry from their developer office). Hybrid (2 or so day a week in-office only). It wasn't just to get my R1S or R1T early, although I wouldn't have complained :cool:

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Reaction score
First Name
Axel
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Tesla Model 3 Performance, Old Volvo
I tried to get an interview with Rivian....but they weren't interested in any fully-remote software developers (even ones 2 or so hours by ferry from their developer office). Hybrid (2 or so day a week in-office only). It wasn't just to get my R1S or R1T early, although I wouldn't have complained :cool:
That would have been a sweet gig.

Advertisement

Advertisement