First Name
Demetrius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1t
Occupation
Director
Still waiting for the service center team to call me. I opened the app and it shows the current battery charge, and location where the sZc is. No other notes or diagnosis.
Sponsored

GEON

First Name
GEON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Technology Executive
Hi All,
I pick up my R1t on Thursday this week - wondering if the hive-mind has a suggested list of pre-check items to validate prior to leaving the service center?

TIA!

GEON

OP
OP
Darth Rivian

Darth Rivian

First Name
Demetrius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1t
Occupation
Director
Hi All,
I pick up my R1t on Thursday this week - wondering if the hive-mind has a suggested list of pre-check items to validate prior to leaving the service center?

TIA!

GEON
Humbly, I would suggest downloading a Tesla checklist to start with, that way you don't forget some obvious things since many things you will want to inspect are the same or similar. Second, I would make sure that you look for signs of leaking in/around the retractable tonneau cover. It is not 100% waterproof, but I have seen pictures of water leaking through the power outlet box on the rear right-hand side of the truck bed. I feel they did a pretty good job at showing you anything in the car you want to know more about, but it will be up to you to inspect door reveals, panel gaps, paint imperfections, etc... Look for any curb damage to the rims, and take a peak on the underside to look for anything obvious.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
And I had one of my pistols in the center console, which locks with the vehicle, so I had to wait until that was unlocked as well.
Never noticed the center console locks with the vehicle. While driving the vehicle is locked, and I have been able to open it...I will have to tinker some more to figure this one out.

OP
OP
Darth Rivian

Darth Rivian

First Name
Demetrius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1t
Occupation
Director
Received an update from the SC. Apparently, the High voltage battery had a connectivity problem, so they ordered an entire new skateboard battery, will drop the faulty one and reinstall a brand new battery hopefully this week. It will be shipped from KY to ATL they stated. Also they stated that it takes about 5 hours to swap out the batteries.. Fingers crossed.

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Never noticed the center console locks with the vehicle. While driving the vehicle is locked, and I have been able to open it...I will have to tinker some more to figure this one out.
Probably tied to vehicle occupancy. Look at the 'RIDE' menu and you can see all those statuses (including front and back occupancy, and the lock state of all lockable areas).

FutureTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Pre Order 10/2021, Delivered 8/2022
Received an update from the SC. Apparently, the High voltage battery had a connectivity problem, so they ordered an entire new skateboard battery, will drop the faulty one and reinstall a brand new battery hopefully this week. It will be shipped from KY to ATL they stated. Also they stated that it takes about 5 hours to swap out the batteries.. Fingers crossed.
5 hours to swap a battery. That is pretty cool. I'd like to see that in a time lapse video.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Seems odd they put 100 miles on it, presumably without difficulty, but as soon as you get in, it breaks down.

I wonder if those 100 miles were a result of issues that were previously known and required repairs and testing before delivery.
usually when this happens it's just because the vehicle needs to be moved.

For example it needed to go from one dealer to another or a shipping yard to a retail point of sale and the easiest thing to do was drive it

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
5 hours to swap a battery. That is pretty cool. I'd like to see that in a time lapse video.
Sounds like they want to get you back on the road and the easiest thing for them to do at this point is fix the old battery at the Depot. Not a biggie because it'll become somebody else's warranty replacement.

HokieBird7980

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alpina B7, Mercedes GL550, Hyundai Tuscon
Occupation
Chief Commercial Officer, Pharmaceuticals
Clubs

Sorry to hear about your delivery. I had only heard of one other that has bricked in an intersection, but it's always in the back of my mind when coming to a busy traffic light intersection. Guess we can call it "Brick Anxiety", and I'm hoping it goes away as i gain more faith in the R1T and the technology. Unfortunately, within a week of my delivery i have an air suspension issue with the front right wheel where it lowers almost all the way down to the wheel when it sits for more than a day in the garage, or in the fist case, after two days at the hotel while out of town. Went back up when i started R1T, but has been a concern that it may all of a sudden stop working and I'll be down on the wheel well shredding the tire. They are coming to pick it up next week to take it to Richmond service center (5 hrs away) to hopefully repair and get back to me by the weekend. Been fun to drive, but hoping i can get rid of the anxiety attacks every time it does something unexpected. Being first time EV owner, i'm sure most of this is normal, but does take some getting used to. Not worried about range anxiety as much as the estimated miles left on the battery when traveling is pretty spot on. Hope you get your R1T back soon.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Darth Rivian

Darth Rivian

First Name
Demetrius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1t
Occupation
Director
Sorry to hear about your delivery. I had only heard of one other that has bricked in an intersection, but it's always in the back of my mind when coming to a busy traffic light intersection. Guess we can call it "Brick Anxiety", and I'm hoping it goes away as i gain more faith in the R1T and the technology. Unfortunately, within a week of my delivery i have an air suspension issue with the front right wheel where it lowers almost all the way down to the wheel when it sits for more than a day in the garage, or in the fist case, after two days at the hotel while out of town. Went back up when i started R1T, but has been a concern that it may all of a sudden stop working and I'll be down on the wheel well shredding the tire. They are coming to pick it up next week to take it to Richmond service center (5 hrs away) to hopefully repair and get back to me by the weekend. Been fun to drive, but hoping i can get rid of the anxiety attacks every time it does something unexpected. Being first time EV owner, i'm sure most of this is normal, but does take some getting used to. Not worried about range anxiety as much as the estimated miles left on the battery when traveling is pretty spot on. Hope you get your R1T back soon.
There is a for sure anxiety. Having owned two Teslas, I can say that I had initial anxiety with them as well but mostly had no issues with Tesla. Sort of been spoiled. I am mildly okay with helping rivian work the bugs out, but not to a point that I have a lemon on my hands. Hopefully your air suspension issues is minor.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
First year teething woes.

5-hours to swap out the high voltage battery pack seems excessive.

OP
OP
Darth Rivian

Darth Rivian

First Name
Demetrius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1t
Occupation
Director
First year teething woes.

5-hours to swap out the high voltage battery pack seems excessive.
True. 12 hour round trip delivery -fail-truck swap-is excessive too. Lmao

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Being a first adopter can sometimes be painful.
Sponsored