seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

Does anyone know how much this trailer cost?
There isn't a price yet because they haven't actually begun selling them to the public. However, they are supposedly releasing more information on the custom trailers soon. If you write to DCE, they will add you to their contact list to follow up with when they are available for purchase.

cardad

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/S, Bronco Raptor, Wrangler4xe, Ioniq5, Winbago
Occupation
insurance agent
So I actually put one up on a lift 4 months ago, took apart the front with the intention of seeing if a winch could fit in there. It's tight and would need a bumper mounted design but you can still connect to the frame. I took 3d scans thinking I could come up with something. And after a successful SEMA season with other projects, I'm kinda thinking about revisiting my Off-road Rivian parts. so.. here I am, poking around the forum, asking about Off-road demand.
I'm in Moab and Rivians are pretty common out here. I'd imagine the lift kit, off-road bumper / winch, and skid plate combo could be in high demand for those that aspire to tackling somewhat more challenging trails. The R1T could use a lift due to poor breakover and departure angles but killing highway range might not be a worthy tradeoff. I think the $40k body panels are the other major problem for off-roading. Not sure if Rivian has put some thought into this but the insurance cost is bound to motivate them to do something.

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

We have updated our Blog on the website with more information on the system! You can read it here WWW.WEISTEC.COM
How bad is the range impacted?
Any ballpark on price?
What does the install complexity and time look like?

Ash

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & 19' GX460
Occupation
Real Estate
Right, but you lose some sensors and the "sway bars" are mostly disconnected, from what I understand. I tried it out for a bit but the sensors being off was a non-starter around town.
I hear you. I've spent a fair amount of time driving around in Rally/High for fun and to even out tire wear. It's a lot like driving a Raptor with the floaty feeling. It sucks to lose sensors and river+ features though. Keep in mind, as the truck goes up, the camber of the wheels becomes more positive. I've got over 35k miles on my oem tires by not driving low or lowest all the time. This lift looks cool, but I'm not sure how many they'll sell. It would suck to void the warranty on the suspension, then have something break. This truck is pricey to fix.

Sponsored

Flyin7

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Pilot
For the upcoming price difference of free vs. DCE lift, I'd happily just take High mode at speeds above 45mph.
AGREE!! Im running my 20's with General studded AT's and I want the hight . Funny thing is every Rivian demo you see The T or S is on the high or highest setting stance because it looks nice up there. Rivian.... Leave my hight setting alone unless I'm in AUTO. PLEASE.

moomoo2388

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y, Livewire 1
Occupation
Clean Tech Equipment Sales
So I actually put one up on a lift 4 months ago, took apart the front with the intention of seeing if a winch could fit in there. It's tight and would need a bumper mounted design but you can still connect to the frame. I took 3d scans thinking I could come up with something. And after a successful SEMA season with other projects, I'm kinda thinking about revisiting my Off-road Rivian parts. so.. here I am, poking around the forum, asking about Off-road demand.
I'm very interested in front and rear bumpers. Winch would be a huge plus, and I do not need it to be integrated into the body of the truck. I wouldn't mind a little protrusion to allow for more room. I'm a little shocked there aren't any options out yet!

bmedfo1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T launch edition 20" AT Carbon wrap
Occupation
CFO
@DCE Do we have any updates or additional information on this? I was able to trick the R1t using deferent length ride high sensor linkage into being 1 ride Hight above what it thinks it is. "sport/ Lowest" is not the same low as "normal" is now where high was. While this worked just for height the suspension geometry with no other modification is off. I find myself now just using the low setting at all times instead of the normal setting. Essentially Getting no real lift but at least I can use sport without looking like a low rider. I am super excited to see what DCE has engendered for a real lift kit!

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Bump! Any updates @DCE ?