EV9 Details Revealed, 2023 release

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Kia confirmed today that this will be on sale in the US second half of next year.
Sponsored

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Kia confirmed today that this will be on sale in the US second half of next year.
I had to wait 6 months to get my Telluride. They are being bullish with that timeframe. They may be on sale but I'd assume with very low delivery expectations.

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
I would really take EV9 but tired of dealer markups. I had Ev6 first edition reservation but dealer wanted 5K+ so backed off.

I tried to buy EQS580 same story dealer wanted above MSRP so walked out, literally called every benz dealer in bay area no one wanted to sell at MSRP. They have cars on the lot but refusing to sell at MSRP. BMW dealers are willing to take orders for iX at MSRP but couldn't get past the iX kidney grill.

Until these traditional manufacturers get handle on dealer markups they will be losing decent amount of buyers. Unfortunately Rivian communication is as painful as dealer markups, have no clue when I will get my R1S-LE.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Glad we picked up an ID.4 to hold us over until there are more 3 row options. This is the first viable option (other than the R1S), but my wife hates how it looks, assuming it will be like the concept.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
Glad we picked up an ID.4 to hold us over until there are more 3 row options. This is the first viable option (other than the R1S), but my wife hates how it looks, assuming it will be like the concept.
What about the Hyundai variant?

Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
What about the Hyundai variant?
She likes the shape of the concept probably the most of any EV she has seen (maybe tied with the concept images of the Volvo Embla). Just not expecting to see those until 2024 or 2025 at the soonest, so we traded in our Atlas while used values are still high (got $5k more than we paid for it 2 years ago). When the time comes I will put a reservation on a 3 row and we will trade in the ID.4. So far we really like it though. Maybe we will wait for an ID.6 here in the US or the ID.8.

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
I would really take EV9 but tired of dealer markups. I had Ev6 first edition reservation but dealer wanted 5K+ so backed off.

I tried to buy EQS580 same story dealer wanted above MSRP so walked out, literally called every benz dealer in bay area no one wanted to sell at MSRP. They have cars on the lot but refusing to sell at MSRP. BMW dealers are willing to take orders for iX at MSRP but couldn't get past the iX kidney grill.

Until these traditional manufacturers get handle on dealer markups they will be losing decent amount of buyers. Unfortunately Rivian communication is as painful as dealer markups, have no clue when I will get my R1S-LE.
I personally have a hard enough time paying MSRP, let alone over it. When I take delivery of the R1S (whenever that may be), it will be the very first time I pay MSRP for any vehicle (I haven't bought many because I tend to keep my vehicles for a while).

I guess I won't even bother looking into Hyundai/Kia (or any traditional manufacturers for that matter) if the greedy dealers won't accept MSRP for a BEV.

GR

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I personally have a hard enough time paying MSRP, let alone over it. When I take delivery of the R1S (whenever that may be), it will be the very first time I pay MSRP for any vehicle (I haven't bought many because I tend to keep my vehicles for a while).

I guess I won't even bother looking into Hyundai/Kia (or any traditional manufacturers) if the greedy dealers won't accept MSRP for a BEV.

GR
I guess you can actually keep your streak alive with the discount they gave us with March 3rd price rollback.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer

I guess I won't even bother looking into Hyundai/Kia (or any traditional manufacturers for that matter) if the greedy dealers won't accept MSRP for a BEV.

GR
I have the same feelings on MSRP and dealers charging over. I was at a Kia dealer and asked about the EV6. The salesman told me they didn't have any now, but he could put me on a list for when one comes in. He said they were asking $5k over and they were some of the smallest markup around. I replied, well I would never pay $1 over, and walked out. I'm sure someone else will pay it, which is the sad time we live in, but it surely won't be me.

I guess the direct to consumer model has it's advantages, but also made me feel like I wasn't getting the best deal possible. Now with the price hike, I don't even blink at the price. Seems very calculated... (taking off my tinfoil hat now).

Sponsored

Rob Stark

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S
Rivian doesn't have an MSRP. Rivian has a MP. There is no wholesale price therefore no different retail price. And it is not suggested.

It is no more greedy for dealers to demand a price over MSRP than it is for customers to demand a discount on MSRP when supply exceeds demand. MSRP is not MMRP. Manufacture's Maximum Retail Price.

When dealers were advertising $5k discount off for various models I didn't see anyone demanding to pay MSRP. Price movements in a free market move on both sides of the trade.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender

Jagger027

First Name
Jagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and Palisade
...problem for me is it looks too concept. Don't the makers always wreck the good things about the concept?
Lol infact they do 😆

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Rivian doesn't have an MSRP. Rivian has a MP. There is no wholesale price therefore no different retail price. And it is not suggested.

It is no more greedy for dealers to demand a price over MSRP than it is for customers to demand a discount on MSRP when supply exceeds demand. MSRP is not MMRP. Manufacture's Maximum Retail Price.

When dealers were advertising $5k discount off for various models I didn't see anyone demanding to pay MSRP. Price movements in a free market move on both sides of the trade.
Yah yah yah...we all get that the 'S' in MSRP is for suggested. To the consumer who sees the manufacturer struggle with supply chain issues not of their making and sees the retailer charging significantly above what the manufacturer believes is an appropriate price (so appropriate they put it in their advertising), well, to the consumer, it reeks of gouging...